Academic Custodial Supervisor
This position reports to the Associate Director of Facilities Management and provides the supervision to oversee the staff serving 1.2 million square feet of the campus facilities. This position oversees staff involved in custodial, solid waste, recycling, inventory, moving operations and is in a rotation for supervisory coverage of after hour emergency service work for maintenance and custodial staff for all University of Wisconsin Stout facilities. Normally scheduled hours and days are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday with a 30-minute unpaid meal period. To meet departmental needs, hours and days are flexed regularly with approval of supervisor.
Minimum / Required
- High school diploma
- Driver’s License
- Must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to interact respectfully with diverse populations
- Basic knowledge of safety codes and standards
- Must be willing to regularly flex work hours to meet departmental needs and be able to work without direct supervision
- Ability to handle all physical requirements of the position
- Two- or four-year degree from an accredited university
- Supervisory experience of 3 years and/or performing maintenance work or supervisor experience in a related field
- Basic understanding of technical drawings and blueprints
- Basic understanding of building mechanical system operations
- Proficient with computer systems
- The Facilities Management Department is primarily located in the General Services Building.
- The mission of the University of Wisconsin-Stout Facilities Management is to provide the university and community with the highest quality facilities and physical environment for learning, living and working, by maximizing available resources and technology.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and a successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by January, 1, 2019. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Zenon Smolarek
- Phone: 715-232-2288
- Email: email@example.com
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Heidi Gutting
- Phone: 715-232-2598
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Supervisory