Administrative Assistant III - Marketing Communications
Administrative Assistant III – Marketing Communications
The University of Wisconsin-Stout (UW-Stout) invites applications and nominations for the position of Administrative Assistant III in the Marketing Communications Office. The anticipated start date would be during February 2022.
This full-time position reports to the Senior Marketing Officer of Marketing Communications (MarCom). It carries out a variety of administrative, purchasing and marketing research assignments in support of the Senior Marketing Officer’s leadership of a university wide marketing/branding program and other projects involving the promotion of events or programs at UW-Stout. It requires the ability to work independently, with a high degree of discretion and adherence to university policies and procedures.
Minimum / Required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Understanding of purchasing and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of and skills in purchasing including sourcing vendors and requisition processing.
- Skills in organization, time management, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills-a strong team player with the ability to self-direct and be resourceful when trouble-shooting questions.
- Effective project management skills, ability to manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to work proficiently in MS Office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Knowledge of AP Style, strong written communications skills, and the ability to edit quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with project management tools, such as Smartsheets.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other marketing research and data assessment tools.
- Experience related to marketing in higher education
The ideal candidate will:
- Solicit vendor cost, product and billing information, and secure required documentation for setting up new vendors.
- Coordinate purchases – via purchase order, direct payment or p-card – of advertising, media buys, off-campus printing, equipment and supplies for department.
- Prepare and direct requisitions to Accounting /Purchasing along with necessary support documentation, such as vendor contracts or agreements, e-mail negotiations, etc.
- Review vendor billings and confirm their accuracy or resolve errors, set up payment authorization.
- Serve as resource person for budget and purchasing inquiries from Accounting/Business Manager, vendors, other departments, and MarCom staff.
- Conduct academic and competitive marketing research using Google Analytics, Emsi, and other marketing research and data assessment tools.
- Prepare detailed program viability reports and general assessment summaries for Senior Marketing Officer and Provost Office.
- Analyze and visualize collected data into dashboards and graphs using Tableau.
- Monitor and predict higher education marketing trends, market conditions, competitors and consumers.
- Develop and evaluate ways to collect data including opinion polls, questionnaires, and surveys.
- Arrange Senior Marketing Officer’s meetings and distribute email updates and cancellation notices to attendees.
- Coordinate Senior Marketing Officer’s in-state and out-of-state travel records and requisite paperwork.
- Process work authorizations and new hire documentation for MarCom staff.
- Other administrative support projects as assigned.
Marketing Communications leads and implements marketing communications research and strategies to help drive UW-Stout's enrollment, partnerships, and fundraising initiatives. Our vision is to be at the forefront of higher education marketing communications by consistently adapting to the dynamic landscape and engaging our audiences with the UW-Stout brand.
Marketing Communications (MarCom) works collaboratively across campus to lead campus-wide marketing strategies through:
- Development and implementation of strategic marketing plans and campaigns to support a variety of campus goals
- Oversight of branding guidelines, imagery, and our internet presence
- Engagement of students, donors, and partners through the effective implementation of storytelling via news stories, web, publications, email campaigns, advertising, social media, and video
- Data and research to help inform strategic decision making
- Leadership, education, and outreach with the Integrated Marketing Committee (IMC), Web Team, Web Oversight Committee, and Identity Committee
UW-Stout’s Marketing Communications is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to, equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/univstaff21.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.1279.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- a current resume
- a letter of interest describing relevant experience
- three references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by December 12, 2021. Applications submitted after December 12, 2021 may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Gary Schuster
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Alex Bates
Job Family: Staff