Administrative Assistant III
Administrative Assistant III
The University Advancement department is looking for an Administrative Assistant III.
The Administrative Assistant III reports to the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement & Alumni Relations. This position works collaboratively with the Vice Chancellor as well as all other staff members within the Stout University Foundation and Alumni Association offices in the capacity listed below. The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative assistance to Vice Chancellor in preparing, editing, sending, copying, and scanning correspondence, documents, email, and reports. Maintains Vice Chancellor’s calendar.
- Organizes donor visits; coordinate schedules of donors and university personnel, prepare agendas, book room reservations, and coordinate catering.
- Assist Development Officers with stewardship reports and related correspondence with donors.
- Coordinate Foundation Board of Directors meetings.
- Attend and take official minutes at full board meetings and committee meetings as needed. Prepare and disseminate communications to Board of Directors and other items as necessary regarding regularly scheduled meetings.
- Maintain records of all materials related to board meetings such as board meeting minutes, policies, bylaws, reports, and committee minutes in digital and paper format.
- Required to work evening and weekends on occasion when events are taking place.
- A full position description is available upon request.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant III: Link to UW Title Standard Job Description
Job Code: AD003
- 3 years of experience working in an administrative, clerical support or business services role and/or an Associate Degree in an office administration, business, customer service related program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or comparable programs), database systems, and have knowledge of web-based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Excellent judgment including sensitivity to personal and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills in working with a diverse community.
- Work independently and as part of a team on collaborative efforts.
The UW-Stout Office of University Advancement is comprised of the Stout University Foundation and the UW-Stout Alumni Association. The two units collaboratively strive to advance the mission of UW-Stout through building relationships with alumni, friends, and industry partners of the university. Under the direction of the Stout University Foundation Board of Directors, the Stout University Foundation is responsible for the acquisition and stewardship of philanthropic resources for UW-Stout.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich, dynamic,and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Inclusivity Statement: Equity, diversity and inclusion are important to the mission of UW-Stout. In your cover letter, please include a statement (4-6 sentences) regarding how you would foster a climate of equity, diversity, and inclusion within the program and/or work environment.
Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Minimum starting salary of $20.00/hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguideus.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting applications requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by May 14, 2023. Applications submitted after May 14th may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Kristie Leonard
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Jennifer Rudiger
Job Family: Staff
Job Reference #: 19601