Adult Student Services Coordinator (2 positions)
DEPARTMENT: Stout Online
ANTICIPATED START DATE: April 15 (or sooner)
This position is responsible for providing service and support to customized instruction programs facilitated by Stout Online (SO), in coordination with stakeholders. The central focus of the ASSC is to provide services such as academic advisement, progress, analysis, and related functions to support student success and retention. This position is also responsible for general program management, such as collecting and analyzing student and program data, determining course needs, facilitating instructor contracts, and developing and tracking retention activities. Additional SO responsibilities will also be assigned.
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three or more years of experience in student services or related area
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, self-motivated and able to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- Experience with email, Microsoft Office, and other office related software
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to exercise judgment in student academic affairs and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Information system fluency to use data for planning and ongoing evaluation, including database interfacing, building spreadsheets, and word processing
- Experience working effectively with the non
-traditional, adult student population
- Experience working effectively with diverse populations
- Demonstrated history of intentional and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Master’s Degree in the area of education, student services, training, or related
- Four or more years in student services or related area in a university setting
- Experience in working with data and statistics; ability to develop queries to collect appropriate data, and present results with accuracy and clarity for planning and ongoing evaluation
- Experience working with undergraduate degree completion programs focused on the online/distance education student population
- Experience working effectively with online and distance education student population
- Familiarity with teaching and learning principles of adult education
- Experience using student information systems, query-based and other database systems
- Instructional experience using a learning or content management system
The ASSC builds a supportive student success relationship with all students and serves as the primary point of contact for Customized Instruction student support. The ASSC provides high quality, best-practice student support in the area of online and distance education for nontraditional learners and their unique needs. In addition, the position prioritizes continuous improvement of services to assigned Customized Instruction (CI) programs, working towards increased efficiency and effectiveness, while maintaining a high level of quality student and customer services, and student satisfaction.
This position’s primary responsibilities are divided between Customized Instruction (CI) program student support, program management and support of CI program faculty and staff of assigned CI program(s), and management of other Stout Online unit initiatives, as assigned.
Student Support Services
- Academic Advisement
- General Student Services Support and Coordination
- Student Retention Initiatives
CI Program Management
- General Program Management
- Recruitment & Marketing
- Program Retention
Stout Online Unit Responsibilities
- Unit Action Plan initiatives
- Unit Departmental goals and objectives
- Other unit-wide responsibilities as assigned
Our mission at Stout Online is to be a leader in advancing innovative, high quality services and learning experiences that engage, inspire and challenge.
Stout Online is comprised of dedicated staff that serve the needs of customized instruction students, instructors and programs. It demonstrates its commitment to student success by coordinating innovative programs and high-quality services that lead to easy online access for programs offered at a distance, reaching populations on a global level. The unit advocates for student learning success by decreasing barriers and increasing learning support services.
Stout Online provides comprehensive services and support are provided to UW-Stout academic programs and their diverse student audiences through coordinated work across numerous campus stakeholders. Stout Online coordinates student support for nontraditional learners within Customized Instruction programs, in collaboration and consultation with program directors, department chairs, academic colleges, and other student support services units.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich,¿dynamic,¿and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being¿Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.¿
UW-Stout offers 49 undergraduate and 22 graduate degrees, including three terminal degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students. The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.1279.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and highly desired qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by Monday, February 22, 2021. May continue to accept applications until positions are filled.
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Shannen Jochim
- Phone: 715/232-2636
- Email: email@example.com
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Casey Coles
- Phone: 715/232-2636
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Family: Staff