Annual Giving Officer
The Stout University Foundation, the fundraising unit of UW-Stout, is seeking a team member who is passionate about advancing the student experience through philanthropic support to the university.
This position will work collaboratively with the Stout University Foundation and UW-Stout Alumni Association to fulfill the philanthropic goals of UW-Stout. This position is responsible for fostering philanthropic opportunities for UW-Stout through annual, multi-channel fundraising strategies to attract and retain donors, including but not limited to mail and phone appeals, web, social media, and personal solicitations to fulfill campaign goals.
Official UW Title: Annual Giving Manager (AV003)
Minimum / Required
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communications. Able to provide writing samples upon request.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated passion to advance the mission of UW-Stout.
- Demonstrated 1-3 years-experience with higher education fundraising, annual fund, sales/marketing or in higher education environments.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or similar customer relationship management database system.
- Demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills and success with individual and team orientated work environments.
- Commitment to higher education and a strong desire to champion the mission of the University of Wisconsin-Stout and the Office of University Advancement.
- Develop, implement, and manage annual fundraising appeals for specific audiences, departments and campaign priorities. Create, execute, and evaluate an annual giving calendar outlining targeted campaigns.
- In partnership with the alumni association and data management teams, create and manage a three-year rolling solicitation and communication plan.
- Create timelines, messages and marketing materials, reports and stewardship plans for donors.
- Manage a benefactor portfolio of midlevel/leadership annual giving donors. Develop and maintain strategic goals for cultivation, solicitation, gift closure, and stewardship of assigned benefactors. Working collaboratively with the development team to move donors toward major and estate gifts.
- Create impactful donor acknowledgements and receipt letters, promote giving societies and recognition to create an on-going donor experience upon making a gift, and increase the number of renewable donors.
- Oversee fulfillment and increase corporate matching gift partners.
- Research potential donors and prepare fund raising prospect profiles to support fundraising goals.
- Analyze giving reports and demographic profiles for annual campaigns, making recommended adjustments to future campaigns.
The UW-Stout Office of University Advancement is comprised of the Stout University Foundation and the Stout Alumni Association. The two units collaboratively strive to advance the mission of UW-Stout through building relationships with alumni, friends, and industry partners of the university. Under the direction of the Stout University Foundation Board of Directors, the Stout University Foundation is responsible for the acquisition and stewardship of philanthropic resources for UW-Stout.
Applications received by end of day, February 9, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after this date may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Inclusivity Statement (** See below)
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
** Equity, diversity and inclusion are important to the mission of UW-Stout. An inclusivity statement is a one-page or less statement demonstrating your past/present work, volunteer, and lived experience and how you envision carrying that experience into your work at UW-Stout.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Jennifer Rudiger
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Mickey Mueller
An innovative leader within the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin-Stout offers an unparalleled career-focused education that integrates applied learning, theory and research and real-world experiences to prepare our students for the future. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we’re proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 47 undergraduate, 21 masters and 3 advanced programs and more than 30 certificate options in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 8,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin’s only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us.
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin’s Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community .
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor(s) questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff