Assistant Professor-Construction (Job #14905)
The Operations and Management Department at the University of Wisconsin-Stout invites applications to fill two (2) positions in the Construction Department; appointments starting August 2019. This job announcement is being announced simultaneously with Professor of Practice-Construction (Job #14918).
Openings will be filled with two (2) Assistant Professors or one (1) Assistant Professor and one (1) Professor of Practice.
Minimum / Required
- To be considered, a candidate must have completed all the requirements, other than a dissertation, for a terminal degree in Architecture (M. Arch) or Ph.D. in Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field by appointment start date
- Ability to apply BIM and related software such as CAD, REVIT, Sketchup and other related construction industry software
- Demonstrated teaching experience in establishing and leading a collaborative work environment with diverse populations
- Demonstrated professional experience in the Architecture, Engineering, Construction (AEC) industry
- Terminal academic degree in Architecture (M. Arch) or Ph.D. in Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) accreditation process
- Experience with sustainable construction
- Licensed within the United States as a Registered Architect, Professional Engineer, Certified Professional Constructor, and/or LEED Accredited Professional
Licensure as a Registered Architect, Professional Engineer, Certified Professional Constructor, or LEED Accredited Professional, and a terminal academic degree in Architecture (M. Arch) or Ph.D. in Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or related field must have been obtained by the date of application for promotion or tenure.
- Teach Architecture related courses and other undergraduate construction management courses within the ACCE accredited B.S. Construction and M.S. Construction Management programs
- Provide service to Student Organizations, Capstone Experience, Curriculum Development and Assessment of Student Learning, and Student Advisement
- Actively participate in professional organization(s) directly related to the construction industry
- Research interests in areas that expand the breadth of construction safety, facilities management, building performance, and other cutting-edge fields
- Demonstrate computer literacy and expertise in construction industry software systems
- Delivery courses in a variety of formats, times and locations
- Set up, operate, and maintain laboratories and course related equipment
- Be supportive in working with a diverse population of stakeholders (faculty, staff, industry partners and cross departmental units)
The University of Wisconsin-Stout is a comprehensive, career focused polytechnic university where students, faculty, and staff use applied learning, scientific theory, and practical research to produce innovative solutions to community, national, and global challenges. The Construction Program is housed in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering Mathematics and Management with a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction, as well as a Construction Master’s degree beginning fall of 2016. The Program serves over 280 undergraduate students.
The Operations and Management Department is housed within the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Management, serves graduate majors Training and Human Resource Development, Operations Supply Management, Construction, Risk Control, and Healthcare Administration and related undergraduate majors. The department currently has full-time and part-time faculty/staff and offers in excess of 50 courses and 100 different sections.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
This job announcement is being announced simultaneously with Job #14918; please note two (2) openings exist. Having two position vacancy listings allows the Department of Operations and Management to consider candidates with a different set of credentials for these particular vacancies.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for an Assistant Professor (faculty, tenure-track) position need to apply to: Assistant Professor-Construction (Job #14905) via https://jobs.uwstout.edu/
- Applicants who wish to be considered for a Professor of Practice (academic staff, lecturer) position need to apply to: Professor of Practice-Construction (Job #14918) via https://jobs.uwstout.edu/
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and authorization to work within the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials in PDF format:
- Cover letter and curriculum vitae (in one PDF format file) *Specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts; official transcripts required at time of hire
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by December 9, 2018. Applications may be reviewed until position is filled .
The University of Wisconsin-Stout emphasizes teaching competency, therefore, a teaching performance presentation will be included as part of the on-campus interview process.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding these positions or recruitment procedure, please contact:
- Search Chair: Professor Calvin Chen
- Phone: 715-232-1161
- Email: email@example.com
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Teaching