Assistant Professor in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
The University of Wisconsin - Stout is seeking an Assistant Professor to join our Psychology department. This will be a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track appointment with an anticipated start date in August 2023.
We are seeking someone who is excited to teach courses related to I/O psychology at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as additional general psychology program courses as interested and/or needed. As a member of the faculty, the successful candidate will also be expected to engage in research, participate in assessment of student learning; and engage in service to the profession, department, college, and/or university.
Minimum / Required
- A doctorate in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a closely related field by employment start date
- Commitment to teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses in I/O psychology
Applicants should ideally be able to demonstrate evidence of experience or interest in:
- teaching courses in the general area of psychology as well as in own area of expertise, with (e.g., Personnel Psychology, Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management)
- teaching Occupational Health Psychology
- developing an active psychology research program involving undergraduate and graduate students (e.g., thesis advisement or undergraduate student research projects)
- academic advisement
- a commitment to service at the department and university level establishing a climate (work environment) that embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion
As a teaching focused campus, faculty members teach the equivalent of 12 credits per semester. Faculty are expected to provide student academic advisement and contribute to academic program assessment and assessment of student learning. Faculty members are also expected to engage in scholarship with students and participate in university service to support continuous improvement and a culture of collegiality and civility.
The successful candidate will join a psychology department with an M.S. in Applied Psychology; a B.S. in Psychology; a growing undergraduate online degree program; undergraduate minors in Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Human Resource Management; and an online HR certificate program.
The M.S. in Applied Psychology program has concentrations in Industrial/Organizational and Evaluation. As a poly-technic university, our program prides itself on creating real-world experiences for students to gain hands on opportunities. The department has excellent teaching and research facilities supporting many opportunities for faculty-student collaboration in the classroom and laboratory.
Applications received by end of day, January 4th, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after January 4th, 2023 may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
- Cover letter*
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy and (if applicable) evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., course evaluations, peer evaluations, etc.)
- Inclusivity statement** (Separate one-page document)
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Unofficial copies of graduate transcripts (official transcripts required at time of hire)
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications as well as the highly desired qualifications (as relevant) for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
**Please use your inclusivity statement to demonstrate your commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, including any experience you have in promoting these in the past, that supports student success.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Dr. Chelsea Lovejoy
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Alisha Marburger
Phone: (715) 232-1708
Job Family: Teaching