Assistant Professor-Real Estate Property Management, School of Hospitality Leadership
The School of Hospitality Leadership is seeking a faculty member who has experience and education in Real Estate Property Management (REPM).
This is a tenure track position starting in August 2019.
Minimum / Required
- Master’s degree in a field related to or closely aligned to the B.S. degree program in Real Estate Property Management
- Minimum 2 years industry/professional experience related to the real estate property management program (real estate management of multi-family, office, retail, industrial and/or vacation properties, hospitality)
- Teaching experience or equivalent in industry training or organizational development
- Significant, meaningful membership and participation in professional/trade organizations related to or closely aligned to real estate property management
- Professional designation/certification from a recognized professional or trade organization related to or closely aligned to real estate property management
- 5 years full-time teaching experience in higher education or equivalent in training and/or organizational development
- 5 years of experience in property management (real estate management of multi-family, office, retail, industrial and/or vacation properties)
- Earned doctorate or equivalent (ABD or evidence of significant progression towards completion) in an area related to or closely aligned to the field of real estate property management
NOTE: Tenure may be awarded only by exception if the candidate does not possess or attain a terminal degree (doctorate or equivalent).
The candidate must be prepared to teach and develop curriculum in the real estate property management program and, when appropriate, in other areas within the School of Hospitality Leadership. In addition to teaching, all University of Wisconsin-Stout faculty are expected to actively engage in service to the institution and industry, as well as applied research. Additional responsibilities include scholarly activity, teaching online, advising students and assessment of student learning.
The UW-Stout’s School of Hospitality Leadership gives students an expansive educational experience that prepares them for leadership and management opportunities in the fast-paced and cutting-edge world of hospitality, golf and real estate industries. Our programs offer active learning in a variety of settings through real-world situations in classrooms and laboratories and on-site at leading companies located throughout the United States. https://www.uwstout.edu/academics/colleges-schools/school-of-hospitality-leadership
The B.S. Real Estate Property Management degree program is the largest of its kind in the country and is the recipient of significant industry support. The program is completing its 9th year, after a history of 25 successful years as a minor. Students are provided a world-class education focused on ethics, sustainability, diversity, leadership and service. The program provides a REPM lab and its accompanying REPM study lounge (https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/news-center/study-lounge-weidner-center-open-students). They are both state-of-the-art facilities that combine an active learning environment with a quiet and comfortable area for study, research and community. Graduates of the program are highly sought after and have a 100 percent employment rate. https://www.uwstout.edu/programs/bs-real-estate-and-property-management
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and authorization to work within the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application, you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts; official transcripts required at time of hire
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by January 21, 2019. Screening of applications will begin January 22, 2019, and may continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Fred Prassas, CPM
- Email: Prassasf@uwstout.edu
If you need assistance with the online application process, or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Janell Reitz
- Phone: 715.232.1329
- Email: Reitzj@uwstout.edu
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900.
Job Family: Teaching