The Associate Advisor (working title of Transfer Coordinator) is a team member in the Admissions Office responsible for the technical components of the transfer credit evaluation process used to award incoming and current student credit. This position will oversee the creation and maintenance of the transfer credit rules databases and coordinate the process of delivering timely and accurate transfer credit evaluations, with authority to post credit and determine equivalent credit. This position will provide back-up to the student status examiners in the Admission Office during peak and vacation times to provide a comprehensive review of all transfer and readmit degree seeking applications. This position reports to the Associate Director of Admissions, with limited supervision; and is a resource for the Registrar, Academic Advisors, Department Chairs, faculty and students. Anticipated start date is May 1, 2019.
Minimum / Required
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Familiarity with student information systems, particularly PeopleSoft, and imaging systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree by start of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills in working with a diverse community with the ability to establish positive interaction with students, staff and faculty.
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and the Internet.
- Work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts.
- Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment and exhibit exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in providing effective customer service skills and the ability to provide accurate and efficient service to staff to a diverse population.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and organize a variety of activities and projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with student transcripts/records, transfer credit evaluations or academic advising.
- Oversee and coordinate the processing of evaluating college level courses taken at other institutions, tests awarding post-secondary credit (e.g. AP, IB, CLEP) and military credit and use authority to provide student a UW-Stout transfer equivalency report. Consult with department chairs and program directors as necessary.
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain/support the business and technical requirements used in the transfer equivalency tables/rules for all external entities to include institutions, military and tests including review, maintenance and audit of equivalency database to be used in transfer evaluations affecting degree audits and university advising.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and a successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by Sunday, March 17, 2019. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Andrew Mercil
- Phone: 715-232-5398
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Staff