University Dining is hiring an energetic Catering Manager to supervise and oversee all catering events for UW-Stout University Dining. This position works with clients to set up events and supervises staff to execute the events on and off campus. This position also works cooperatively with the dining team to guarantee the success of Student Center operations, helping as necessary in retail areas.
ABOUT THE JOB: Food Service Manager / DS012
Minimum / Required
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Three (3) years’ experience in foodservice operations
- Experience in a variety of foodservice operations, including catering
- Experience providing catering events for over 500 guests
- Experience in a variety of foodservice operations including fast food, grab & go, convenience stores, food courts, cafeterias, vending, and concessions
- Experience with management and supervisory practices, including developing training materials.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale software systems
- Experience with menu management software systems
- Experience managing food, labor, and supply costs
- Experience with recipe and menu development
- Experience with commercial foodservice equipment
- Demonstrated experience or commitment to fostering a welcoming and inclusive community
- Three (3) years of production and/or service experience in a foodservice operation
- Provides operational guidance for food service activities, identifies, develops, facilitates staff training opportunities, and/or supervises dining staff.
- Plans and directs staff implementation of operating policies and procedures to ensure adherence to safe food quality, handling, and sanitation processes and procedures.
- Monitors the unit budget and approves expenditures.
- Tracks and forecasts inventory levels and places replenishment orders.
- Directs and provides exceptional customer service, answers questions, and provides information regarding food preparation and associated activities.
- Develops staff resources, menus, and communication plans based on established goals.
- Maintain University Dining catering service, achieving departmental goals for sales and cost controls while meeting customer expectations.
- Maintain University Dining service standards and assist in supervision of retail operations.
- Collaborate with management team to manage retail operations in the Memorial Student Center.
Click on the Apply link or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by August 7, 2022. Applications may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Jason Horzewski
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Sarah Sippl
- Phone: 715-232-3599
- Email: email@example.com
inclusive and diverse community of full time, part time, and student employees.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Minimum starting salary of $45,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including but not limited to generous paid leave, insurance options, and participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Supervisory