Classroom Scheduler and Curriculum Coordinator
The Classroom Scheduler and Curriculum Coordinator acts as the primary contact to academic departments for a range of activities from the scheduling of general assignment classrooms for optimal space usage to operational and administrative issues related to course offerings within PeopleSoft (SIS). This position also oversees the scheduling of advisement week and other dates or meetings that effect the academic calendar within general assignment spaces.
Curriculum related duties encompass the entry of changes to course curriculum within PeopleSoft and the University bulletin to communicating with the proposer of the change and the Curriculum Manager within the Provost's office for any clarifying questions.
UW Official Title / Job Description: AE085 Student Records and Curricular Specialist II (Inst)
Minimum / Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgment including sensitivity to personal and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal, and customer service skills in working with a diverse community.
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, email) and the Internet.
- Customer service experience.
- Work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Experience working within PeopleSoft (SIS).
- Experience working within EMS (scheduling software).
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Is the primary contact for academic units/departments on a range of complex scheduling, operational and administrative issues related to academic course offerings.
- Acts as the liaison for scheduling of general assignment spaces utilizing scheduling software EMS.
- Communicates with departments the timetable and due dates to have courses scheduled in PeopleSoft for an upcoming term.
- Provides on-going training, support and troubleshooting help to Department Associates on all aspects of room assignments and course builds within PeopleSoft.
- Negotiates room conflicts with university administrators and directors.
- Monitors utilization of allocated rooms for appropriate usage per the university classroom scheduling policy.
- Oversees the scheduling of general assignment classrooms for non-academic Stout sponsored groups. This can include meetings for student clubs, organizations, athletics or conferences that are held on campus.
- Runs course/classroom data reports and disseminates to academic departments as requested.
- Enters course curricular changes into PeopleSoft once approved by the Curriculum and Instruction Committee (CIC).
- Effectively utilizes our curriculum approval software Curriculog to make changes within the course catalog in PeopleSoft.
- Communicates with Department Chairs and Associates when there are questions with newly approved curriculum.
- Works closely with the Curriculum Manager within the Provost's Office.
- Utilizes ImageNow to archive and access curriculum data as needed.
University Bulletin (Acalog) Duties
- Coordinates implementation of new and revised curriculum. Provides maintenance reminders to keep course catalog current.
- Maintains UW-Stout record of program history within the university bulletin (Acalog).
- Creates a new (working) bulletin annually and updates the new bulletin with approved curricular changes for the upcoming academic year.
Other Duties Assigned
- Communicates with the Registrar and Associate Registrar for general assignment space utilization information.
The Classroom Scheduler and Curriculum Coordinator will be a part of the Registration and Records office and will report to the Associate Registrar. This position gets to work collaboratively with numerous offices/departments across campus on a weekly basis.
Applications received by end of day, 01/14/2024 are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after 01/14/2024 may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
1. Cover letter (* See below)
2. Curriculum vitae or resume
3. Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions, please contact:
Search Chair: Eric Konsela
University of Wisconsin-Stout, Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University, offers an unmatched career-focused education that combines applied learning, theory and research with real-world experience that prepares tomorrow's leaders to drive the future of business and industry. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we are proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only full four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 45+ undergraduate degrees, 20+ graduate degrees and 30+ professional certificates in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 7,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin's Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Minimum starting salary of $40,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor(s) questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks. Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff