JOB TITLE: Cook
DEPARTMENT: University Dining
APPOINTMENT PERCENTAGE (FTE): Academic Year Position
Minimum starting salary is $16.20 per hour
University Dining's Cook position works with full time Dining staff, student managers, and student employees to prepare food iteams following established menus and recipes. This position is an academic year position, working full time hours during the academic year.
Minimum / Required
Experience preparing food and working with food service equipment
There are a different positions currently open on campus. Schedules are adjusted due to operational needs and includes rotating weekend shifts of every third weekend. Night and weekend shift differentials apply to this position. Minimum starting salary is $16.20/hour and commensurate with experience.
Cook (Academic Year Positions):
· 6:00AM-2:30PM Monday-Friday, every third weekend
· 11:30AM-8:00PM Monday-Friday, every third weekend
· 11:30AM-8:00PM Monday-Thursday; 11:00AM-7:30PM Friday; every third weekend
· 5:00AM—1:30PM; every third weekend
1. All positions have weekly posted schedules and may be requested to work different hours than base schedule related to operational need. This does include weekend rotations or weekend hours if needed.
2. Weekend shifts and rotation requirements may be different than scheduled hours during the week.
University Dining includes two cafeterias (Commons and North Point Dining) and retail dining options in the Memorial Student Center (food court & convenience store), express food locations around campus, catering, and concessions. Some locations operate year-round, and others are closed during the summer months. University Dining is the largest student employer on campus. University Dining is committed to maintaining our inclusive and diverse community of full time, part time, and student employees.
Screening of applications will being on 11/1/2022 until the positions are filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM on 10/31/2022.
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of (3) three professional work references
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For question regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Lindsay Schade
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Kathleen Schneider
Night and weekend differential apply to this position.
- Night Differential (45 cents) - additional pay for all hours worked on a regularly scheduled shift during the period between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Weekend Differential (60 cents) - additional pay for all hours worked between 12:01a.m. on Saturday and 12:00a.m. midnight on Sunday.
- Differential pay shall not be paid to an employee absent on leave with pay (vacation, sick leave, holiday, etc.), during the period in which the employee would otherwise be regularly scheduled to work hours that would qualify for differential pay. The employee must work the qualifying hours to be eligible for differential pay.
- A six-month probation is required.
- This position is also contingent upon passing an essential job function test.
For information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community.
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
The hourly rate for this position is based on experience and available budget. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement Plan to qualified applicants. Benefit details can be found at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguideus.pdf
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populatons. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committeed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check, reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff
Job Reference #: 18906