Counselor/Outreach Coordinator *Revised 6.18.19
The Counselor/Outreach Coordinator position works in the University of Wisconsin-Stout Counseling Center. This position is an annual, 90% position with full benefits. The position includes 50% counseling, 25% outreach coordination including supervision of peer educators, 10% training and supervision and 15% other. The anticipated start date is August 20, 2019.
Minimum / Required
- Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling Psychology, Clinical Social Work, or related degree which meets educational requirements for Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker by employment start date.
- *Licensed or licensed eligible in Wisconsin within approximately 6 months (minimum of 2000 supervised hours completed) as a LPC, LMFT, or LCSW.
- Experience/expertise in the following:
- Working in a University Counseling Center or Community Mental Health Clinic.
- Assessing and treating serious mental health issues.
- Crisis assessment and response.
- Clinical supervision.
- Facilitation of interpersonal process groups.
- Outreach to LGBTQIA+ and multicultural students.
- Development, delivery and evaluation of mental health related outreach programming.
- Supervision of student outreach presenters (Wellness PROS) or similar experiences.
The University Counseling Center at UW-Stout is located at 410 Bowman Hall. Please see our website at http://wwwcs.uwstout.edu/counsel/.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by July 7, 2019. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Dr. Chasidy Faith
- Phone: 715-232-2468
- Email: email@example.com
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Julie Hinchman-Adams
- Phone: 715-232-2468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Staff