Creative and Brand Manager *Application deadline extended
This full-time position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer/Director of University Marketing and is responsible for the ideation, development and delivery of high-quality print materials and publications. This position provides creative direction and workflow management for professional and student employees, as well as also personally working on design projects.
Minimum / Required
- A minimum of five years of design experience including internships and professional positions.
- Evidence of experience developing a project from ideation to production.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience of ten years.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective client relationships.
- Experience managing employees, including providing creative direction, job performance, goals, and development opportunities.
- Working knowledge of higher education marketing, communication and promotional trends.
- Knowledge of printing methods, formats for file delivery and instructions to accompany graphic materials for printing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with diverse groups.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Drive, develop and implement creative strategies for strategic university-wide marketing efforts and oversee the university’s brand.
- Responsible for the university brand, as well as the development, direction and implementation of creative strategies for marketing materials and campaigns.
- Serve as the primary department resource for the creation and/or coordination of design-related projects and work with the production manager to ensure high-quality print production.
- Master university identity standards to ensure all external materials created are branded, oversee the Identity Committee and serve as a design/identity resource for campus.
- Lead educational sessions for other campus professionals.
- Collaborate with university partners to create and achieve strategic objectives.
- Remain current on marketing trends and technology.
Manage designers and a production manager. Oversee the workflow, production and quality of deliverables using an Agile management methodology.
- Hire, train, lead and evaluate professional and student employees.
- Set goals for employees to facilitate professional development and growth.
- Run weekly planning meetings to assign projects and assess team progress.
- Manage the creative workflow and ensure timely, quality deliverables.
- Use project management software to track project life-cycles and deadlines.
University Marketing features a highly productive creative team who produces university-wide recruitment, fundraising and partnership-building materials for external audiences. The department is overseen by the Chief Marketing Officer and consists of graphic design, digital marketing, web, writing, photography and videography professionals.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Resume that includes a link to online portfolio of recent design work
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts; official transcripts required at time of hire
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by Sunday, May 19, 2019. Screening may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Gary Schuster, Media & Content Manager
- Phone: 715-232-2284
- Email: email@example.com
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Kate Martin
- Phone: 715-232-5409
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Supervisory