Digital Marketing Specialist REVISED*
This full-time position works on-campus at UW-Stout and reports to the Digital Marketing & Research Manager within the Marketing Communications department. The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for leading our team’s comprehensive digital marketing strategy. You will be responsible for the planning, implementation, analysis, and continuous optimization of a variety of the university’s digital marketing efforts including Google Ads, social media marketing, retargeting, behavioral marketing, and geofencing. Additionally, you will be cross trained on the Digital & Research Team to provide support in areas such as market research, email marketing, and customer relationship management (CRM). This position has an anticipated start date of 5/29/2020.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout is a career-focused polytechnic university emphasizing applied learning, career focus and collaboration. UW-Stout is known for the annual career success of its graduates, with 98.7 percent employed or continuing their education upon graduation. At UW-Stout, you will join a vibrant community of passionate educators and support staff who impact our students' lives and our society at large. We call ourselves Stout Proud, and we are looking for a talented marketing specialist to join our team. Learn more about UW-Stout at www.uwstout.edu
Minimum / Required
- A minimum of two years of digital marketing experience including internships and professional positions.
- Experience with digital marketing campaign execution, SEO (search engine optimization), and SEM (search engine marketing).
- Experience with digital marketing tools, such as Google Ads, and social media marketing.
- Google Ads and/or Google Analytics training or certification.
- Degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Effective project management skills using a project management system and/or Agile methodology.
- Experience in higher education marketing.
- Experience using A/B testing for campaign optimization.
- Basic familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with email marketing.
- Experience using a customer relationship management system (CRM) and marketing automation tools.
- Salesforce and/or Pardot training or certification.
- Maintain responsibility for the coordination of all digital media campaigns and assets. This includes our year-round campaign that encompasses all of UW-Stout and its programs, as well as numerous additional campaigns on behalf of other clients.
- Work independently or with third-party vendors and other marketing team members to design, plan and execute digital marketing initiatives.
- Closely monitor spends to ensure we are within budget and using our invested dollars judiciously.
- Take initiative to explore and experiment with new digital marketing tactics and trends to continually improve the university’s digital acumen.
- Use metrics and Google Analytics to evaluate performance and report on ROI for all campaigns.
- Conceptualize, produce, edit and proofread content for digital marketing campaigns, which may include print channels and landing pages, along with digital ads.
- Meet with clients to understand their campaign goals and needs. Communicate timely and professionally to share campaign updates and analyses.
- Incorporate a deep understanding of the unique audiences we serve and the outcome objectives to inform strategic, audience-appropriate, contemporary content.
- Become familiar with UW-Stout’s identity and style guide to effectively work with the creative and branding team on visual pieces.
- Contribute to and help manage University Marketing’s content library.
- Assist with marketing automation, email communications and drip campaigns in Pardot/Salesforce CRM.
- Assist with user persona development and market research conducted through tools such as Google Trends, Burning Glass, and Hotjar.
- Contribute to presentations and the education of campus about University Marketing initiatives.
- Train, work with, and evaluate student employees.
Marketing Communications features a highly productive creative team who produces university-wide recruitment, fundraising and partnership-building materials for external audiences. The department is overseen by the Chief Marketing Officer and consists of graphic design, digital marketing, web, writing, photography and videography professionals.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 50 undergraduate and 24 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Average student enrollment is 9,000.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community. Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book.
*Salary range is $38,000 - $45,000 with an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.1279.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
Official transcripts will be required at time of hire; if applicable.
*To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by Sunday, March 22, 2020. Screening may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Gary Schuster, Digital Media Manager
- Phone: 715-232-2284
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Kate Martin
- Phone: 715-232-5409
- Email: email@example.com
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
Job Family: Staff