Digital Marketing Specialist
University of Wisconsin-Stout’s Marketing & Communications team is looking for its next Digital Marketing Specialist. This is a full-time position and reports to the Digital Marketing & Research Manager within Marking Communications at UW-Stout.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing our team’s comprehensive digital marketing strategy. You will aid in the planning, implementation, analysis, and continuous optimization of a variety of the university’s digital marketing efforts. These efforts included, but not limited to Google Ads, social media marketing, retargeting, behavioral marketing, and geofencing.
This position also assists with market research duties including new and current program research, research of competitors, and researching new marketing and advertising trends.
Spring 2023 graduates with bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related degree are highly encouraged to apply.
Official UW Title Marketing Specialist *link to standard job description
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related degree
- Experience with digital campaign execution, SEO (search engine optimization), and SEM (search engine marketing)
- Ability to explain digital concepts to clients in a professional and clear manner
- Strong and professional written and oral communication when working with various stakeholders from across campus
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Collaborative mindset and willingness to work collegially with the Marketing Communications team
- Strong project management skills, using the departmental project management system to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience in a university of higher education environment and/or a large nonprofit organization marketing
- Development and analysis of A/B testing for campaign optimization
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Experience creating and deploying multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Familiarity and understanding of Google Analytics 4
- Experience creating dashboards using Google Looker Studio
- Google Ads certification and/or training
- Google Analytics certification and/or training
- Maintain responsibility for the coordination of digital media campaigns and assets. This includes but not limited to our year-round campaign that encompasses all of UW-Stout and its programs, as well as numerous additional campaigns on behalf of other clients.
- Work independently or with third-party vendors and other marketing team members to design, plan and execute digital marketing initiatives.
- Closely monitor spends to ensure we are within budget and using our invested dollars judiciously.
- Take initiative to explore and experiment with new digital marketing tactics and trends to continually improve the university’s digital acumen.
- Use metrics and Google Analytics to evaluate performance and report on ROI for all campaigns.
- Conceptualize, produce, edit and proofread content for digital marketing campaigns, which may include print channels and landing pages, along with digital ads.
- Meet with clients to understand their campaign goals and needs. Communicate timely and professionally to share campaign updates and analyses.
- Incorporate a deep understanding of the unique audiences we serve and the outcome objectives to inform strategic, audience-appropriate, contemporary content.
- Become familiar with UW-Stout’s identity and style guide to effectively work with the creative and branding team on visual pieces.
- Assist with user persona development and market research conducted through tools such as Google Trends, Keyword Planner, Lightcast, and Hotjar.
- Train, work with, and evaluate student employees.
Marketing & Communications leads and implements¿cross-campus marketing¿communications, strategies, and research to¿help¿drive UW-Stout's enrollment, partnerships, and fundraising initiatives. UW-Stout’s Marketing & Communications Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
Complete applications received by end of day, Sunday, May 14, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after May 14th may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Rachel Hallgrimson
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Sky Willam
An innovative leader within the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin-Stout offers an unparalleled career-focused education that integrates applied learning, theory and research and real-world experiences to prepare our students for the future. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we’re proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 47 undergraduate, 21 masters and 3 advanced programs and more than 30 certificate options in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 8,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin’s only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us.
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin’s Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
The salary range for this position is $36K - $45K, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor(s) questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff
Job Reference #: 19615