Employer Relations Manager (UW System Title: Student Services Program Manager III)
The Employer Relations Manager strategically cultivates and strengthens corporate relations with employers, students, alumni, and faculty to maximize student career outcomes, supporting Career Services mission and UW-Stout’s Polytechnic tenants. Provides effective leadership, management and supervision to the employer services team consisting of the Recruitment Coordinator, Event & Technology Coordinator, LTE and student positions. This position reports to the Director of Career Services. Anticipated Start Date is August 2019.
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s Degree by start of appointment
- Two years of relevant full-time work experience in university/college campus recruiting, career services, human resources, event planning or other related fields
- Ability to effectively lead projects and teams
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service
- Proficiency using MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be willing and available to occasionally work weekends and evenings, as needed
- Master’s Degree in student affairs, human resource management, business, or a related discipline
- Five years of relevant full-time work experience in university/college campus recruiting, career services, human resources, event planning or other related fields
- Career management systems such as GradLeaders, Handshake or Symplicity
- Supervising and motivating teams to achieve organizational goals
- Planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating programs and events
- Strategic planning, marketing and decision making
- A high level of professionalism with strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- A team-player with demonstrated ability to develop and sustain strong relationships and partnerships with employers; alumni; human resources professionals; fundraising professionals; donors; admissions; faculty; other key members of the campus community
- Commitment to and experience working with diverse populations
- Lead and manage all employer recruitment services, programs, resources and events to strategically enhance and expand co-op/internship, field experience and career opportunities for UW-Stout students and alumni.
- Strategically identify and build new relationships with local, state, regional and national employers for recruitment of UW-Stout students and alumni. Specifically, those organizations and industries that have had little interaction with UW-Stout Career Services or students.
- Lead and proactively engage employers, alumni and recruiters to deepen existing recruitment relationships, including planning campus visits, posting of jobs/internships, and suggesting personalized engagement strategies.
- Initiate regular communications with employers to ensure repeat recruiting visits designed to provide co-op/internship and professional opportunities for UW-Stout students and alumni.
- Establish measurable criteria for employer development goals, maintain records, and submit monthly reports.
- Develop, grow, and manage the Career Services Partnership Program to create revenue streams that support career services operations and recruitment programming.
- Assist the Director in the development and management of the Career Services employer advisory board.
- Ensure continuous program and service enhancements through local, regional and national benchmarking with employer relations peers and connections through robust industry networks.
- Collaborate with employers to develop new, innovative and marketed engagement strategies with students, both on campus and virtually, supporting recruitment and campus/office initiatives.
- Develop a strategy to address employer engagement needs based on market research and industry trends, including but not limited to providing consultations in response to employer questions and advising employers how to maximize ROI on engagement and recruitment at UW-Stout.
- Facilitate collaborations between employers and the university community, campus offices, academic programs/partners, alumni association, and university foundation.
- Create annual plans to expand and advance employer engagement and on-campus recruiting opportunities across all employment sectors and geographic locations.
- Collect, analyze and generate employer engagement data for publication and marketing of career services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the coordination and logistics of on-campus recruitment and interview programs, including marketing/promotional efforts, employer/student participation and utilization.
- Review renew and update recruitment and interview policy, procedures, practices and program evaluations.
- Oversee the coordination and execution of a variety of career and recruitment events, including primarily Career Conference, Government/Non-Profit Expo and Art & Design Week as well as information sessions, networking events, alumni collaborations and industry education events.
- Work closely with the Co-operative Education Career Services staff to develop, increase and support internship, field experience and cooperative education opportunities for students.
- Collaborate with Career Counselors to leverage employer or recruiter participation into career and professional development programming for students.
- Create and deliver presentations for a variety of audiences, including students, families, campus partners, and external colleagues.
- Participate actively in various employment and recruitment related professional organizations to increase employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Lead employment services team in by providing direct supervision, planning and goal setting, reporting and data tracking.
- Represents Career Services and UW-Stout professionally and maintains the highest levels of customer service.
- Position may involve occasional travel to visit with targeted employers.
- Assist in other duties assigned by the director.
Career Services mission at UW-Stout is to educate, engage and empower students and alumni in navigating career and professional development through employer and faculty/staff partnerships.
Our vision is to continue to be a leader in:
- Providing centralized career resources, services, and technologies
- Integrating applied and experiential learning
- Providing data to support informed career decisions
- Remaining adaptive and flexible in changing career needs for all stakeholders
- Building and nurturing strategic relationships to enhance opportunities for students
Ultimately ensuring students successful transition from college to career
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by June 23rd, 2019. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Bryan Barts
- Phone: 715-232-1601
- Email: Bartsb@UWStout.edu
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Nora Winkler
- Phone: 715-232-5038
- Email: WinklerN@UWStout.edu
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Supervisory