Employer Relations Manager
Seeking a dynamic individual to lead relationship building with local, state, regional and national employers. This position is part of the Career Services leadership team and be responsible to cultivate and strengthen recruitment efforts with employers, students, alumni, and faculty to maximize student career outcomes across campus strategically and comprehensively. In this role, will provide effective leadership and management to the employer team consisting of the Recruitment Coordinator as well as lead the execution of career events, the Career Services Partnership Program, establish outreach and collaboration strategies and utilize recruitment technologies. Seeking a team member that is passionate and committed to promoting the development of an equitable and inclusive environment. This position reports to the Director of Career Services.
ABOUT THE JOB: Employer Relations Manager (AE100)
Full-time (year-round) position. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm This position may require occasional evening or weekend hours as needed (i.e. during peak recruitment periods). Limited remote work/telecommuting may be possible after completion of a significant training period, successful on-the-job performance, departmental needs assessment and approval.
Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of relevant full-time work experience in university/college campus recruiting, career services, human resources, event planning or other related fields.
- Experience leading projects or teams.
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Experience providing high quality customer services.
- Proficiency using MS software programs.
- Master’s Degree in student affairs, human resource management, business, or a related discipline
- Five years of relevant full-time work experience in university/college campus recruiting, career services, human resources, event planning or other related fields.
- Experience using a career management system such as GradLeaders, Handshake or Symplicity strongly desired
- Experience leading teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating programs and events.
- Experience in strategic planning, marketing and independent decision making.
- A high level of professionalism with strong presentation skills.
- A team-player with demonstrated ability to develop and sustain strong relationships and partnerships with a range of stakeholders, for example: employers; alumni; human resources professionals; fundraising professionals; donors; admissions; faculty; other key members of the campus community.
- Lead and manage all employer recruitment services, programs, resources, and events to strategically enhance and expand co-op/internship, field experience and career opportunities for UW-Stout students and alumni.
- Lead and proactively engage employers, alumni, and recruiters to deepen existing recruitment relationships, including planning campus visits, posting of jobs/internships, and suggesting personalized engagement strategies.
- Develop, grow, and manage the Career Services Partnership Program to create revenue streams that support career services operations and recruitment programming, including annual membership targets, bi-annual meetings, and employer recognition award.
- Supervise Administrative Assistant II (1.0 FTE University Staff level position), including hiring, training, managing conduct and performance and hourly approvals.
- Work closely with the Co-operative Education & Internship Program staff to develop, increase, and support internship, field experience and cooperative education opportunities for students.
- Collaborate with Career Education staff to leverage employer or recruiter participation into career and professional development programming for students.
- Review, renew and update recruitment and interview policy, procedures, practices, and program evaluations.
- Create a plan to strategically identify and build new relationships with local, state, regional and national employers for recruitment of UW-Stout students and alumni. Specifically, those organizations and industries that have had little interaction with UW-Stout Career Services or students.
- Utilize Handshake to collect, analyze and generate annual employer engagement report for use in publication and marketing of career services to internal and external stakeholders, campus partners and strategic relationship building.
- Develop, support, respect and hold awareness of the needs of student populations such as multicultural students, students with a disability, online students, first generation students, veterans, and non-traditional students.
UW-Stout’s Career Services Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
Our Mission is to educate, engage and empower students and alumni in navigating career and professional development through employer and faculty/staff partnerships.
Our Vision is to continue to be a leader in:
- Providing centralized career resources, services, and technologies
- Integrating applied and experiential learning
- Providing data to support informed career decisions
- Remaining adaptive and flexible in changing career needs for all stakeholders
- Building and nurturing strategic relationships to enhance opportunities for students
- Ultimately ensuring students successful transition from college to career
- Inclusion & Diversity: We affirm and possess a commitment to inclusive excellence by serving as a comprehensive career resource for all stakeholders. We welcome and embrace the strengths individuals offer as a result of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/sex, marital status, disability, US veteran status, and socio-economic status.
- Collaborative Partnerships: We affirm and possess a commitment to establish and maintain meaningful relationships with university partners, employers, faculty & academic departments, and student organizations to enhance and increase applied learning and professional employment opportunities for students.
- Technology: We affirm and possess a commitment to utilize current technology across our operations, services, and resources to support student career and professional development, ultimately connecting students and employers.
- Professional & Ethical Practices: We affirm and possess a commitment to adhere and promote the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Ethical Professional Practice to guide and serve our employers, students, and faculty.
- Applied Learning: We affirm and possess a commitment to student’s professional development through the Co-operative Education & Internship Program. Our Cooperative Education & Internship Program is a high impact practice that serves as a catalyst for students to gain career-related experiences.
- Customer Service: We affirm and possess a commitment to excellent customer service, expressed through knowledge, expertise, and accountability to our stakeholders.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Minimum starting salary of $50,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (*See below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please also use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Bryan Barts
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Nora Winkler
Job Family: Supervisory