External Relations and Promotions Coordinator, Athletics
The External Relations and Promotions Coordinator is a full-time, twelve-month appointment. The coordinator will be responsible for the Athletic Department’s special events and promotional efforts. The coordinator will develop and execute special event and promotions for the Athletic Department leading to increased awareness of, and attendance at UW-Stout Athletic events. This position will also assist the Athletic Director with corporate sponsorships, donor and alumni development, and general administration of the Athletic Department. Anticipated start date: July 2019.
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of marketing and promotions experience
- Master’s Degree
- Experience using various production and marketing software
- Strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with social media marketing
- Collegiate marketing experience
Special Events and Promotions:
- Develop and execute special event plans for the Athletic Department leading to increased awareness and attendance at Athletic events
- Utilize various avenues, including social media and target the many constituencies involved in supporting UW-Stout Athletics including: individuals and families living in Menomonie and the surrounding communities, students, faculty, staff, corporate community partners, donors and program benefactors
- Hire and supervise 3-5 marketing students to help prepare and execute promotional activities
- Responsible for the content and operation of the video boards during home events held in Williams Stadium and the Johnson Fieldhouse
- Responsible for Blue Crew announcements and working with SAAC to promote student attendance at events
- Promote athletics at University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Follow rules of the NCAA, WIAC, UW-Stout
- Develop good working relationships with alumni, boosters, etc.
- Maintain positive community relationships
Donor and Alumni Development:
- Assist the Director of Athletics in developing relationships with existing and prospective donors
- Work to develop an alumni network of former student-athletes, coaches, and staff
- Assist in the implementation of various fundraising and donor development activities, including alumni functions to update everyone on UW-Stout Athletics
- Responsible for the administration of the Blue Devil Club
- Serve as the main liaison to the Foundation Office
- Responsible for administration and updating of screens in donor/hall of fame area
- Supervise student work staff in implementation of various initiatives
- Plan the Annual Honors Banquet
- Serve as a secondary event manager who assists with staging UW-Stout’s home athletic contests and other large scale home events and back up to the Event Manager in cases of scheduling conflicts
- Responsible for hiring University ticketing for ticketed competitions and reconciling the ticketing report
- Responsible for selling season ticket passes and monitoring trends in sales
- Work with Facility Director to continue to make others aware of the Blue Devil Brand
- Hire Blaze student workers and manage his schedule
- Serve as SAAC Advisor
- Assist the Director of Athletics in developing relationships with corporate partners, with a focus on stadium video board sponsorship opportunities
- Ensure fulfillment and activation of corporate sponsorship agreements and will coordinate with other staff members to program promotional video opportunities for use on Williams Stadium and Johnson Fieldhouse video boards during home events
UW-Stout Athletics is a NCAA Division III institution with 18 Varsity Sports. More highlights available at: https://athletics.uwstout.edu/
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and highly desired qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
To ensure consideration, complete applications must be submitted online by Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Applications may continue to be screened until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Erin Sullivan, Associate Director of Athletics
- Phone: 715-232-2487
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Melissa Rappley
- Phone: 715-232-2224
- Email: email@example.com
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Staff