Food Service Assistant
JOB TITLE: Food Service Assistant
DEPARTMENT: University Dining
APPOINTMENT PERCENTAGE (FTE): Academic Year Position
Minimum starting salary is $16.20 per hour
Food Service Assistants provide oversight for the set-up and maintenance of all front of house service-related tasks and ensures a clean and safe service area. These positions work closely with students, student managers, and limited term employees to serve customers.
- Experience preparing food and working with food service equipment
Multiple shifts are currently open in multiple locations on campus. Schedules are adjusted due to operational need. Schedules for Food Service Assistants are posted weekly. Typical shifts are highlighted below.
Food Service Assistants (All Academic Year Positions):
· 12:00PM-8:30PM Sunday-Thursday
· 6:30AM-3:00PM Monday-Friday, weekends for concessions as needed.
· 2:00PM-10:30PM Tuesday-Saturday
Memorial Student Center:
· 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday, weekend hours as needed.
1. All positions have weekly posted schedules and may be requested to work different hours than base schedule related to operational need. This does include weekend rotations or weekend hours if needed.
2. Weekend shifts and rotation requirements may be different than scheduled hours during the week.
Employee must be able to lift 30-40# on a frequent basis. Constant standing/walking with frequent bending and stooping must be done to perform job tasks.
University Dining Service is a self-operated auxiliary on the UW-Stout Campus with a $10 million budget. The department has three facilities that house and provide services at other locations across the campus. University Dining includes two cafeterias, Commons and North Point Dining, retail outlets in the Memorial Student Center (food court & marketplace), express locations around campus, on and off site catering, and concessions. The department has over 40 permanent staff and is the largest student employer on campus with over 400 student employees. Some locations operate year-round, and others are closed during the summer months.
Screening of applications will continue until the positions are filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be submitted.
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of (3) three professional work references
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For question regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Lindsay Schade
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Sarah Sippl
Night and weekend differential apply to this position.
- Night Differential (45 cents) - additional pay for all hours worked on a regularly scheduled shift during the period between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Weekend Differential (60 cents) - additional pay for all hours worked between 12:01a.m. on Saturday and 12:00a.m. midnight on Sunday.
- Differential pay shall not be paid to an employee absent on leave with pay (vacation, sick leave, holiday, etc.), during the period in which the employee would otherwise be regularly scheduled to work hours that would qualify for differential pay. The employee must work the qualifying hours to be eligible for differential pay.
- A six-month probation is required.
- This position is also contingent upon passing an essential job function test.
For information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community.
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
The hourly rate for this position is based on experience and available budget. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement Plan to qualified applicants. Benefit details can be found at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguideus.pdf
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check, reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff