GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Limited term
DEPARTMENT: University Marketing
APPOINTMENT: Flexible, up to full-time, temporary hire, up to 4-month contract (Hire-Aug 15)
This position is designed to provide temporary design coverage and is responsible for ideating and producing a wide variety of creative, high-quality graphic design deliverables for the university's marketing efforts including print materials, publications, and other venues. Salary: $15.00 - $18.00/hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Graphic design degree or coursework/training
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience taking a project from ideation to production
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Software
- Ability to explain concepts to clients in a professional clear manner
- Demonstrated familiarity with higher education
- Skills in writing, video, photography or web considered a plus
- Prepare marketing and promotional materials for all university programs and entities.
- Maintain electronic archive, print copy archive, and printing specifications files.
- Master the university identity standards and be able to advise others.
- Transform ideas into draft and final layouts by employing expertise in design, layout, and
- production of communication and support materials while adhering to the university's identity standards and graphic design principles.
Screening of applications will begin immediately. Submissions will be accepted until position is filled.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our online application system are available via: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Required application materials:
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Visual portfolio in digital format (PDF or website preferred) with samples of work
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position, contact:
- Search Chair: Amy Luethmers
- Phone: 715.232.1278
- Email: email@example.com
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, contact:
- TA Coordinator: Catherine Martin
- Phone: 715.232.5409
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks
Job Family: Staff
Job Family: Staff