HEAD WOMEN'S LACROSSE COACH
UW-Stout is adding the sport of Women’s Lacrosse. The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach is a full-time, academic term appointment. This position is responsible for all facets of planning, organizing, and leading the inaugural NCAA Division III UW-Stout Women’s Lacrosse program. The initial year will involve the recruitment of quality student-athletes to build a team that will start competition in the 2022-23 academic year.
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience coaching and/or playing lacrosse at a highly competitive level
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in managing a sport budget
- Experience in fundraising
- Recruiting experience
- Outstanding organizational/operational skills
- Demonstrate familiarity with national trends and best practices related to equity, diversity, inclusivity, and undergraduate retention programs and practices
- Develop and oversee the Women’s Lacrosse program, including all administrative operations, team travel, ordering equipment and apparel, budget planning and management
- Recruit ample numbers of quality student-athletes and retain them.
- Organize, supervise, coordinate, and evaluate practice sessions with proper attention to player’s physical and mental well-being.
- Delegate authority and provide guidance to assistant coaches.
- Prepare athletes to demonstrate university-level performance during competitive events.
- Provide supervision and care of supplies and equipment.
- Promote athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- Strengthen reputation within conference and athletic affiliation through competitive record and professional leadership.
- Research and implement new findings for refining skills and coaching techniques.
- Be personally on-site at athletic practices and events.
- Assume appropriate responsibility for assistant coaches.
- Follow rules of the NCAA, WIAC, women’s lacrosse, and UW-Stout.
- Manage sport budget.
- Be an active and productive fundraiser in accordance with a long-range program plan.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the community to generate interest in and support of the program.
- Provide leadership within sports program in accordance with department, division, and university policy.
- Maintain rapport with high school programs.
- Schedule non-conference contests.
- This position is a mandated reporter under the Jeanne Clery Act as a Campus Security Authority (CSA).
UW-Stout Athletics is a NCAA Division III institution with 18 Varsity Sports.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich,¿dynamic,¿and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being¿Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.¿
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter*
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by Tuesday, October 19, 2021. Screening of applications will begin Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and may continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Erin Sullivan, Associate Athletic Director
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Melissa Rappley
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Fall of 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/