JOB TITLE: HVAC/Refrigeration Specialist Advanced
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
APPOINTMENT PERCENTAGE (FTE): 100%
ANTICIPATED START DATE: December 2018
This position is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repair of the computer-based programs and pneumatic control systems related to the UW-Stout building automation systems. This position also serves as the backup refrigeration technician for refrigeration equipment upkeep and repair.
- Experience in working with digital and pneumatic control systems.
- Experience working in the maintenance and repair of HVAC/R equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills in working with a diverse community.
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets and databases) and the Internet.
- Have the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail, proofreading and editing skills.
- Good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness and resourcefulness.
- Work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts.
- Knowledge of Lockout/Tagout practices.
- Experience in institutional or large multi-building commercial environments.
- Experience working in the field of refrigeration.
- Experience in at least one of the one of the network operating systems used on campus of Metasys or Niagara.
- Knowledge of asbestos hazards.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Possess or obtain a current EPA Refrigerant Handling, Reclamation and Recovery Certification within the probationary period. UW-Stout will assist with associated fees.
- Must be willing to comply with Executive Order #54 that requires all University of Wisconsin System employees to report child abuse and neglect.
Prior to employment candidate will need to go through the essential job function screening to make sure they can perform the physical aspects of the position. Such as being able to stand for long periods of time, climb ladders, stoop, crouch, climb stairways, crawl, turn, kneel and balance.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All students are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm.
Facts and data about the university: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/facts.cfm.
The normal work schedule for this position is 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The minimum starting salary is $19.30 per hour. The hourly rate for this position is negotiable based on experience and available budget. A six-month probation is required. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. Benefit details can be found at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/Univ-staff.pdf.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and authorization to work within the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit:
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
Screening of applications will begin 11/5/2018 and may continue until the position is filled.
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three professional work references
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our online application system are available via:
If you have application or job specific questions, contact:
Mark Eickstaedt, 715-232-5460, email@example.com
Job Family: Staff