Institutional Planner (2 positions)
Position 1: Data Analyst
Position 2: Strategic Planning Specialist
Both positions full-time annual appointments reporting to the Assistant Chancellor for Planning, Assessment, Research and Quality (PARQ). The Data Analyst position will provide data analysis that will lead to actions that can be initiated campus-wide to meet enrollment, retention and persistence targets and provide expertise on data queries, technology tools using data and data visualization. The Strategic Planning Specialist position will manage the campus-wide strategy development and implementation process and use data for decision-making. Individuals may apply for one or both positions and must specify in their cover letter which position(s) they are applying for. The anticipated start date is May 2021.
Minimum / Required
- Master’s degree in related field -OR- Bachelor’s degree with 5+years of relevant experience
- 3+ years’ statistical experience: understand, mine, interpret, analyze, and report out on data
- 3+ years’ project management experience
- Ability to think big picture, be outcome oriented, and identify effective solutions
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- Strong working knowledge of desktop hardware and software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office; statistical software; database software
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment including sensitivity to personal and confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal, and customer service skills in working with a diverse community and at all levels of the organization
- 2+ years’ experience with dashboards
- 2+ years’ experience in Higher Education
- 2+ years' experience with online survey software products
- 2+ years' experience in program evaluation or assessment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Experience in communicating data results to a non-data audience
Additional Qualifications for Strategic Planning Specialist
- 3+ years' of experience with strategic planning
Additional Qualifications for Data Analyst
- 3+ years’ experience in institutional research or enrollment management
- 2+ years’ experience in the utilization of query management tools
- Advanced level of statistical knowledge
- Experience developing predictive models/using predictive modeling software and conducting analyses to inform decisions
- 2+ years’ experience with software and tools used for data visualization
In these functions, these two positions will interact frequently with faculty, academic staff and university staff, Chancellor’s office staff, Provost’s office staff, Human Resources staff, and others to ensure that the projects are completed and accurate.
The office of Planning, Assessment, Research and Quality (PARQ) is responsible for strategic planning and accountability, institutional research and assessment, Catalyst, quality initiatives, and university policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 49 undergraduate and 22 graduate degrees, including three terminal degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students. The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.1279.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the qualifications
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
Individuals may apply for one or both positions and must specify in their cover letter which position(s) they wish to be considered for.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by March 8, 2021. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Co-Chairs: Cori Beskow and Susan Greene
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Julie Delikowski
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
Job Family: Staff