International Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator *REVISED
The International Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for international recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students who will contribute to UW-Stout's diverse campus community. Reporting to the Director of the Office of International Education, this position entails recruitment and admissions duties, both on- and off-campus, including international travel. All responsibilities are performed in close collaboration between UW-Stout's Admissions Office and Office of International Education.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout takes a data-informed, relationship-driven approach to recruiting and enrolling diverse, talented students who will contribute to and benefit from the vibrant campus community. Located in Menomonie, WI, UW-Stout offers a safe and welcoming learning environment, and low cost of living. As the State of Wisconsin's Polytechnic University, UW-Stout has a unique value proposition, which includes providing students a hands-on, career-focused, and applied learning experience. An unprecedented 99.4% of UW-Stout graduates are employed or continuing education within six months of degree completion.
The International Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator will assist in researching, planning, and executing international student recruitment efforts both domestically and overseas to meet the institution's enrollment goals. In collaboration with Admissions, the Office of International Education, and Enrollment & Strategic Initiatives (ESI) leadership, the successful candidate will be responsible for the satisfactory fulfillment of the responsibilities listed below.
Official UW Title: International Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator (AE031)
Anticipated Start Date: February 2024
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor's degree by employment start date.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students and others from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Experience working in a collaborative office environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends and travel to domestic and overseas locations.
- Applicants must have a valid U.S. driver's license as well as a passport (or eligibility for a passport).
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence, as required by the Department of Homeland Security's Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
- Master's degree.
- Three or more years' experience in international admissions, recruitment, or related area with a record of increased responsibility and demonstrated success.
- Prior experience living, working, or studying abroad.
- Proficiency in a foreign language.
- Experience with student information systems, CRMs, or other business software solutions.
- Develop and execute strategies for recruitment of international students desiring ESL, undergraduate and/or graduate study by analyzing and interpreting student enrollment trends, market data, and best practices to meet predefined institutional enrollment goals.
- Plan and implement in-office recruitment activities and events, such as webinars, online live events, one-on-one virtual sessions, and host special international groups, as well as overseas recruitment activities including in-person high school visits, university fairs, and alumni events with a variety of stakeholders (prospective students, parents, graduates, government officials, etc.).
- Develop and cultivate relationships with prospective and admitted students and their families through personal contact, email, online meetings, social media, and other platforms.
- Identify modifications that will enhance and streamline admission policies, procedures, and systems relating to international students.
- Contribute to UW-Stout's presence on social media, on both national and international platforms, and engage with University Marketing and Communications (MarCom) on targeted digital marketing campaigns to complement international recruitment activities.
- Assist in building content for electronic communications to prospective students and international partners.
- Develop international presentations and other promotional pieces in conjunction with the Office of International Education and Admissions team.
- Support the processing of applications for international students, including but not limited to:
- Responding to prospective and admitted student inquiries in a timely fashion by phone, email or on campus, providing information, advice and assistance regarding students' application status and eligibility.
- Utilizing Salesforce CRM to automate communication with accepted students and engaging in direct communication outreach with prospective students.
- Assisting Admissions team in reviewing initial applications, evaluating transcripts, determining admissibility and time to degree completion, and work with processing team to request missing material from students to complete the application process.
- Maintaining accurate records of international student communication, applications and enrollment status in PeopleSoft, Salesforce, and ImageNow.
- Serving as a Designated School Official (DSO), maintaining compliance with the Department of Homeland Security's federal regulations, and assisting with issuance of F-1 nonimmigrant certificates of eligibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Complete applications received by end of day, Sunday, January 14, 2024 are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after January 14th may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
1. Cover letter (* See below)
2. Curriculum vitae or resume
3. Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references.
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Darren Ward, Associate Director of Admissions, UW-Stout
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Elizabeth Sippl
University of Wisconsin-Stout, Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University, offers an unmatched career-focused education that combines applied learning, theory and research with real-world experience that prepares tomorrow's leaders to drive the future of business and industry. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we are proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only full four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff, and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 45+ undergraduate degrees, 20+ graduate degrees and 30+ professional certificates in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 7,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national, and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin's Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
Minimum starting salary of $40,000/year, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor(s) questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff