IT Business Analyst II *Revised deadline
This position is a member of the Enterprise Information Systems group within Learning, Information and Technology and reports to the Director of Enterprise Information Systems.
This customer-focused position works with other technology specialists as well as members of the campus community to improve university process workflows utilizing information technology. This position will function as the primary staff member gathering requirements, suggesting improvements, implementing, and maintaining process workflows for functional units.
This is an on-campus position with the potential approval for 2 days per week working remotely.
ABOUT THE JOB: IT Business Analyst II (Job Code: IT013)
Minimum / Required
- Two years of experience in formal requirements gathering
- Evidence of continuous process improvement/operational excellence experience
- Experience documenting process mapping / workflow / flow charts
- Experience with business workflow automation tools (such as but not limited to: BP Logix, Power Automate, Salesforce, ImageNow (Perceptive Content), Nintex, Kissflow, Airtable)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team with other technology and functional specialists
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical, technical, and diverse stakeholders
- Ability to read HTML
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / IT or related field of study or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in establishing a climate (work environment) that embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Experience with user interface design
- Experience writing SQL statements and using a relational database
- Experience in an environment using project management methodologies
- Experience working in the Software Development Lifecycle
A. Process Workflow Improvement
- Analyze, design, implement, and maintain complex workflow automations supporting campus-wide university functions
- Gather business requirements from stakeholders as it applies to workflow automation implementation
- Determine workflow appropriateness for automation
- Accurately estimate and report time and effort for completion of workflow implementation
- Document data and processes related to process workflow automation following the defined standards
- Provide customer service by communicating and collaborating with university stakeholders in an effective, timely manner
- Understand and apply information security best practices
- Self-directed research of technical information from vendor provided or publicly available sources to solve problems
- Develop technical knowledge about the software delivered with purchased applications
- Adhere to change management process for determining work queue and moving development to production
B. Process Workflow Training and Support
- Train University personnel in the use and management of automated processes and systems
- Provide technical and functional support to university staff on the use of process workflow automation tools
- Facilitate presentations for functional staff on process workflows automation tools
- Create technical documents to guide functional staff on how to use process workflows automation tools
- Track documentation and support delivery communications using standardized tools
C. Collaboration and Professional development
- Collaborate with other UW System institutions to share knowledge
- Attend on-site presentation and seminars on local procedures, standards, and general information topics
- Study technical documents to determine how to implement new technical features
- Develop technical knowledge about the software delivered with purchased applications
- Maintain respectful professional working relationships with leadership, coworkers, and other organizational stakeholders
- Provide respectful mentoring and leadership for student technical staff
Learning and Information Technology (LIT) is a support organization dedicated to providing efficient and effective state-of-the-art learning and information technology solutions and services to students, faculty, and staff for instruction, administration, and public service in support of the University's mission.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter*
- Include your Cycle time and Touch time savings on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
*To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by Monday, January 17, 2022. Applications submitted after January 17th may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Tom Janicki Email: email@example.com
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Gretchen Metzler Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Family: Staff