IT Business Analyst
Join UW-Stout’s Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) team as a Business Analyst today!
As a Business Analyst you will conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and provide technology-based solutions to provide access to enterprise data and information and to create and improve university workflows in an effort to align information technology (IT) solutions with business initiatives.
This customer-focused position works with other technology specialists as well as members of the campus community.
Minimum / Required
- Experience with office automation and workflow automation tools (such as but not limited to: Microsoft SharePoint/Power Automate, BP Logix/Process Director, Salesforce, ImageNow/Perceptive Content, Nintex, Kissflow, or Airtable)
- Experience analyzing data and creating dashboards, presentations, reports, and forms using a variety of tools (such as but not limited to: Tableau, Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP/Crystal Reports, or Veera/Rapid Insight)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team with other technology and functional specialists
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical, technical, and diverse stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, business administration, education or related field of study or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in establishing a climate (work environment) that embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Experience with user interface design
- Experience using APIs, writing SQL statements, and using a relational database
- Experience with programming and web tools
- Experience in an environment using project management methodologies
Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) Business Analyst is responsible for planning, designing, documenting, troubleshooting, and providing day-to-day support for the enterprise data reporting and collaboration tools (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, and Tableau).
This position, with minimal supervision, is responsible for meeting with campus departments and groups to develop and implement strategies to best use the tools available to the campus to provide access to critical data necessary for decision-making and support enterprise collaboration tools across campus. The position will use process improvement and change management strategies to drive efficiency and insure successful project implementation. Additionally, the position will research new trends and changes to the reporting and collaboration landscape provide operational support and troubleshooting assistance to professional staff when problems occur.
- Assist users in identifying shortcomings, analyzing existing processes, and recommending strategies for process improvement and implementing technologies to achieve efficient results and managing change as technology evolves.
- Work with business users to support and develop workflows and reports in SharePoint, Teams, BP Logix and/or Tableau and other tools.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and creating various reports within enterprise information system tools.
- Provide ongoing production support, author documentation, and train users on the use of enterprise information reporting and collaboration systems.
- Develop integrations between third party systems and enterprise information reporting and collaboration systems.
- Provide design, coding, and assistance with forms, reports, SharePoint sites, and other areas where users interact with enterprise collaboration and reporting systems.
- Assist in maintaining a secure, stable, and well performing access to enterprise data.
- Participate in professional development activities as required to maintain a current skillset and master the technologies being adopted.
- Some holiday, weekend, and evening work may be required
Some work may be performed remotely, upon receiving supervisor approval, in accordance with the campus telecommuting policy.
Learning and Information Technology (LIT) is a support organization dedicated to providing efficient and effective state-of-the-art learning and information technology solutions and services to students, faculty, and staff for instruction, administration, and public service in support of the University's mission.
UW-Stout’s Learning and Information Technology Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
An innovative leader within the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin-Stout offers an unparalleled career-focused education that integrates applied learning, theory and research and real-world experiences to prepare our students for the future. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we’re proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 47 undergraduate, 21 masters and 3 advanced programs and more than 30 certificate options in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 8,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin’s only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us.
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin’s Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Minimum starting annual salary of $60,000; commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Click on the Apply button provided or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter*
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by January 15, 2023. Applications submitted after January 15th may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Ken Ries
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Gretchen Metzler
Job Family: Staff