OFFICIAL UW POSITION TITLE: Administrative Program Manager II
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 2018
This position works under the direct supervision of the CIO and within the established goals and priorities set by the department. This position assesses technology and information needs, develops documentation, coordinates training for staff and faculty on supported hardware, software and services, and serves as the training and communication coordinator between Learning and Information Technology (LIT) and the campus community.
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s degree in educational technology, education, instructional design, e-learning, training and development, information technology, information systems, communications, or a related field
- Effective communication skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to translate complex technical information into usable, easy-to-follow instructions to students, faculty, and staff with widely varying skill levels using various delivery methods
- Adaptable to changing work environments
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative cross-functional team-oriented environment
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, video editing software, and web content management systems.
- Supervisory experience
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience supporting individuals using a Learning Management System
- Teaching experience (online or face-to-face)
- Knowledge of instructional design
- Experience in providing hardware and software technical support
- Experience supporting faculty and students in the use of online learning tools
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Experience developing workshop materials and giving technical presentations or training
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues
- Meet with department end users to educate and assist in productivity software, IT services, technology policies and other IT initiatives.
- Develop technology and informational workshop presentations.Develop and update training materials including knowledgebase articles, documentation and multimedia resources.
- Meet with department representatives and create customized training classes for departments on campus supported software and other technology policy information based on their business process needs.
- Represent LIT on the orientation and professional development committee.
- Provide follow up with staff on unanswered questions that occur during training or communication.
- Assist other technology support staff in developing training programs and support materials for new topics or technologies.
- Develop and provide train the trainer materials for other technology support staff.
- Participate in test groups for piloting and troubleshooting new technologies.
- Work with help desk and department liaison staff to determine potential training, communication and other opportunities to expand IT knowledge to end users, departments and campus.
- Write technical training documentation for internal IT staff on problem resolution, practices and other necessary items.Maintain a knowledgebase of information and teach IT staff how to find necessary training information/materials.
- Write monthly IT newsletter and regular campus communications for department.
- Create online tutorials and training materials for campus community on supported applications, policies, campaigns, initiatives and updates.
- Reading View. Press Alt Shift A for accessibility help.
- Supervise student employees responsible for communication and training.
- Cross-train with other support team members to provide assistance in the event of their absence with mission critical items.
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise through training, seminars, and personal development.
- Provide train the trainer training, cross training and professional development to other IT staff as needed.
- Create and maintain text and video documentation and training materials.
- Assist with campus eStout program by developing and providing student laptop program communications and program marketing.
- Answer student and parent questions and work with staff to implement the eStout program.
- Develop and provide training to help-desk student employees on the eStout program processes and details.
- Other duties as assigned.
Learning and Information Technology (LIT) is a support organization dedicated to providing efficient and effective state-of-the-art learning and information technology solutions and services to students, faculty, and staff for instruction, administration, and public service in support of the University's mission. It is comprised of three departments, the first of which is Telecommunications and Networking – which provides desktop management of campus computers and computer labs; network file storage, email management and deployment of campus and lab specific desktop software; server management for departments and authentication services; and the campus voice and data network.
Enterprise Information Systems provides administrative data and enterprise resource planning (ERP) services, including PeopleSoft (Campus Solutions) student information system application development, support and maintenance; data warehouse and reporting development; campus website technical support and operation, as well as support and administration of servers for the UW-Stout community.
Finally, Learning and Client Technology Services provides teaching and learning for instructors of the UW-Stout teaching community; partnering with faculty to provide expertise, training and support to assist instructors with incorporating instructional technology into their teaching practice; creation of technology-enhanced instructional materials; technology Help Desk support via telephone, web, email, onsite, and walk in support of campus systems, software, and hardware; technical and logistical support for the eStout student laptop program; and sponsorship of the Student Technological Assistance and Resources organization (STAR) - a self-managed student worker organization.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm. Facts and data about the university: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/facts.cfm.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications;
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references; and
- Unofficial copies of transcripts; and official transcripts required at time of hire.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by midnight, Sunday, August 5, 2018. Screening of applications will begin August 6 and may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all the required application materials, please contact:
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Supervisory