Lecturer of Construction (Job ID 19101)
The Operations and Management Department at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, Menomonie, Wisconsin, USA, invites applications for a Lecturer in Construction position. The anticipated start date is August 21, 2023.
Please note: This is being announced simultaneously with the position of Assistant Professor of Construction (Job ID 19100). Vacancies will be filled at either the Assistant Professor rank or Lecturer rank. More details are available in the Application Instructions section below.
- Master’s degree in Construction Management, a related Engineering Discipline, Architecture or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or a related field.
- Interest in advancing student learning in area of Construction.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in Project Management, Electrical or Mechanical Contracting or Design, Construction Materials, or a related area with at least 2 years of field experience on construction projects.
- Demonstrated interest in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Electrical and Mechanical Systems for Buildings, Construction Management and/or Construction Materials.
- 3 years of experience in Construction or relevant teaching experience in post-secondary education at an accredited institution or a combination of these two.
- Eligibility for Professional Registration/Certification, such as Professional Engineer (PE), Structural Engineer (SE), Land Surveyor (LS), Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Demonstrated experience in establishing a climate (work environment) that embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated intercultural competence and the impact on the student experience.
Teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online, undergraduate courses according to departmental instructional plans. The primary instructional needs for the Operations and Management position call for teaching coursework in Project/Program Management related to operations, quality improvement, construction management, and project management activities for college programs as well as helping with program accreditation. Contribute to a positive, collaborative environment dedicated to inclusive excellence. This includes contributing to academic program assessment and continuous improvement processes, in collaboration with faculty and staff.
The Operations and Management (O&M) Department is housed in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Management. O&M primarily serves undergraduate majors in Management, Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Technology, Construction, and Packaging, as well as graduate majors in Training and Human Resources Development, Engineering, Risk Control, and Operations and Supply Management. The department currently has 40 faculty/staff and offers more than 50 courses and 100 different sections each semester.
UW-Stout’s Operations and Management Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
Applications received by end of day, January 9, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after January 9th may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
This job announcement is being announced simultaneously with Job ID 19100. Having two position vacancy listings allows the Operations and Management Department to consider candidates with different sets of credentials for the current vacancies.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the lecturer position, with intent to renew at 50% or more, must apply to :
- Lecturer of Construction (Job ID 19101) via: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
- Applicants to wish to be considered for the tenure-track faculty position must apply to:
- Assistant Professor of Construction (Job ID 19100) via: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
- Cover letter*
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of degrees; official transcripts required at time of hire
- Inclusivity Statement: Equity, diversity, and inclusion are important to the mission of UW-Stout. Write a one-page or less statement demonstrating your past/present work, volunteer, and lived experience and how you envision carrying that experience into your work at UW-Stout.
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Kevin MacDonald
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Jamie Bowe
An innovative leader within the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin-Stout offers an unparalleled career-focused education that integrates applied learning, theory and research and real-world experiences to prepare our students for the future. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we’re proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 47 undergraduate, 21 masters and 3 advanced programs and more than 30 certificate options in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 8,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin’s only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us.
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin’s Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community .
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Teaching