Lecturer of Graphic Communications
The Communication Technologies Department at the University of Wisconsin-Stout is seeking part-time / full-time adjunct instructors for the upcoming academic year (Fall 2021- Spring 2022) to teach courses supporting the BS Graphic Communications (GCOM) program.
- Bachelor’s in Graphics or related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience in graphics print production related to graphics media; print packaging; publication/pre-media; information technologies with a print/digital media emphasis; graphic communications career & technical education emphasis; or related disciplines
- Demonstrated work experience and/or certifications in:
- Print Production and/or Processes
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Graphic Workflow Technologies
- Color Management
- Other Related to Publishing and Printing Experience
- Teaching / training experience
- Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated work experience and / or certifications in at least one of the following:
- Pre-media layout for print and/or digital
- Graphic Communications
- Printing Applications / Technologies
- Record of successful teaching and/or training at the post-secondary, college and/or professional level
Submit an online application with a cover letter, vita / resume, contact information for three references, and evidence of teaching excellence.
Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts will be required upon hire.
For questions about the position, please contact: John Dzissah, (email@example.com); Chair, Department of Operations and Management
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until all position(s) are filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process.
UW-Stout is unable to provide sponsorship for this position. The position we are currently seeking requires successful applicants to be responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Family: Teaching
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Fall 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/