The Marketing Manager in University Dining contributes to the promotion, enhancement, and sales of University Dining operations through the implementation of a comprehensive and strategic marketing plan. The Marketing Manager oversees the department’s presence on the web, in social media, and in mobile applications, assists in the utilization of technology within the department, and assists with the compilation and analysis of survey data for Dining operations, programs, and marketing efforts.
- Five (5) or more years of design experience, including internships and professional positions
- Experience in developing projects from ideation to production
- Experience with platforms such as, but not limited to Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Experience marketing food
- Experience in multiple marketing and communication platforms such as web design, print media, digital media, and mobile applications
- Experience in multiple technology platforms for web, digital, social media, mobile, and survey applications
- Supervisory experience of diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative/team environment
- Promote and enhance all University Dining operations through the implementation of a comprehensive and strategic marketing plan. Oversee design, development, printing, and final approvals on University Dining marketing materials.
- Manage departmental presence on the web, in social media and in mobile applications using student office resources.
- Assist in the application of technology within University Dining.
- Assist with data gathering, compilation, and analysis of operations, program, and marketing efforts.
University Dining is a self-operated dining venture on campus with a $10 million operating budget. The department has three facilities that provide food services across campus, including Merle Price Commons Cafeteria, North Point Dining Cafeteria, retail offerings and a robust catering unit in the Memorial Student Center, express locations, convenience stores, and concessions operations. The department includes a dynamic management team and 47 dedicated permanent staff. Our department includes over 400 student employees in all areas of our operations.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 49 undergraduate and over 20 distinctive, highly-regarded advanced degree programs. Average student enrollment is 9,000.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region:https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community . Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Minimum starting salary of $45,000; negotiated at time of offer commensurate with candidate’s qualifications, experience and available budget. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.1279.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter
- Resume that includes a link to an online portfolio of recent design work
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
Official transcripts required at time of hire; if applicable.
To ensure consideration, complete applications must be submitted online by Monday, October 26, 2020. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Jason Horzewski
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Sarah Sippl
- Email: email@example.com
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
Job Family: Supervisory