UW-Stout's Career Services is seeking an individual passionate about college student success and career readiness while striving to create a welcoming, equitable and inclusive work environment. In this position, you will directly support UW-Stout's polytechnic career focused mission by overseeing the messaging and content for all communication outlets (web, print, social media) for the Career Services office.
- Develops, implements, and disseminates marketing materials through various communication mediums utilizing appropriate technologies and techniques
- Oversees design, development, printing, and final approvals on UW-Stout Career Services marketing materials.
- Manage departmental presence on the web, in social media and in mobile applications using student office resources.
- Promote and enhance UW-Stout Career Services through the development and implementation of a comprehensive and strategic marketing plan.
- Research, track, and assess website, digital design and social media use and engagement; make recommendations to improve reach and engagement
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is typically a Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (year-round position). Some remote work/telecommuting may be possible (max up to 2 days per week) after completion of a significant training period, successful on-the-job performance, departmental needs assessment and approval.
Official UW Title and Job Description > *Marketing Specialist (CM015)
Minimum / Required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in marketing, graphics, media, communications (or equivalent education/training i.e. Associate Degree).
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Creative software.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, including social media marketing, content marketing, and email marketing.
- Interest in advancing student learning in area of career development.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, graphics, media, communications, or a related field.
- Nonprofit/government or higher education student service experience.
- Proficiency with HTML and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze website data and develop insights.
- Experience developing and executing successful marketing campaigns.
- Experience with website design and development.
- Experience in multiple social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a cohesive member of a team.
UW-Stout's Career Services Office's mission is to educate, engage and empower students and alumni in navigating career and professional development through employer and faculty/staff partnerships.
Our vision is to continue to be a leader in:
- Providing centralized career resources, programs, services, and technologies
- Integrating applied and experiential learning
- Providing data to support informed career decisions
- Remaining adaptive and flexible in changing career needs for all stakeholders
- Building and nurturing strategic relationships to enhance opportunities for students
- Ultimately ensuring students successful transition from college to career
We value: Inclusion and diversity, collaborative partnerships, technology, professional and ethical practices, applied learning, and customer service.
UW-Stout's Career Services Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
Applications received by end of day 6/13/2023, are ensured full consideration. Applications submitted after 6/13th may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
* Include a statement (4-6 sentences) regarding how you would foster a climate of equity, diversity, and inclusion in this position. Please also use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Kellie Horzewski
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Nora Winkler
An innovative leader within the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin-Stout offers an unparalleled career-focused education that integrates applied learning, theory and research and real-world experiences to prepare our students for the future. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we're proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 47 undergraduate, 21 masters and 3 advanced programs and more than 30 certificate options in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 8,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us.
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin's Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Minimum starting salary of $44,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor(s) questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff
Job Status: Full Time