NOTICE of FILING: Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Food Science
NOTICE OF FILING OF THE APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATION
A competitive recruitment and selection process was conducted for this employment opportunity and a U.S. worker was not selected. An application for Alien Employment Certification is being filed on behalf of an alien to fill the employment opportunity. Anyone with documentary evidence relative to the application, or available workers, wages and/or working conditions, may contact the Regional Certifying Office of the Department of Labor at the following address:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Office of Foreign Labor Certification
200 Constitution Avenue, NW Room N-5311
Washington, DC 20210
The position has been filled. This posting is mandatory to meet a United States Department of Labor requirement. See the job posting for more details.
The Department of Kinesiology, Health, Food and Nutritional Sciences (KHFNS) at the University of Wisconsin-Stout invites applications for a 9-month, tenure track position of Assistant Professor in food science commencing on August 21, 2023. We are seeking a dynamic, creative individual with expertise in food science and sensory science to assist us with the implementation of innovative food science and technology undergraduate and graduate programs. The candidate is expected to be a team member who is passionate and committed to promoting the development of a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
Minimum / Required
- Earned doctorate degree in food science or closely related fields
- Expertise and interest in advancing student learning in the area of food science and/or sensory science
- Knowledge of sensory science and product development in the food industry
- Active membership/leadership in a national food science related professional organizations
- Grantsmanship and student mentoring experience
- Commitment to a collaborative environment that embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Teach effectively undergraduate and graduate courses (online and on-campus). Courses may include, but are not limited to: food science, sensory analysis and food product development
- Design and deliver innovative curricular strategies utilizing digital learning
- Manage sensory laboratory and promote sensory analysis by collaborating with food industry
- Provide student academic advisement and conduct assessment of student learning. This includes contributing to academic program assessment and continuous improvement processes, in collaboration with faculty and staff
- Write grant proposals and conduct research in the field of food science and sensory analysis
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate students
- Provide professional services to the department, university and profession
UW-Stout¿s KHFNS Department is responsible for administering the B.S degree in Food Science and Technology; B.S degree in Dietetics; and B.S degree in Health, Wellness, and Fitness; master¿s (M.S) degree in Food Science and Technology and master¿s (M.S.) degree in Nutrition and Dietetics (online). Food Science and Technology program is an Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)-approved program. The KHFNS Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
An innovative leader within the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin-Stout offers an unparalleled career-focused education that integrates applied learning, theory and research and real-world experiences to prepare our students for the future. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we¿re proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 47 undergraduate, 21 masters and 3 advanced programs and more than 30 certificate options in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 8,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin¿s only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us.
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin¿s Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate¿s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
The position has been filled. This posting is mandatory to meet a United States Department of Labor requirement.
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter *
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
- Inclusivity statement (Separate limited to one page) **
- Teaching statement/philosophy (Separate limited to one page)
- Research statement (Separate limited to two pages)
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
* Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required and Preferred Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
** Equity, diversity and inclusion are important to the mission of UW-Stout. Write a separate one-page statement demonstrating your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion that supports students¿ success.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by end of day January 8, 2023. Applications submitted after January 8, 2023 may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Committee Chair: Pranabendu Mitra, PhD, P. Eng.
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Angela Kinney
Job Family: Teaching