Outreach Program Coordinator
The Outreach Program Coordinator organizes the development and delivery of outreach programs for the Professional Education Programs and Services department. The coordinator assists with policy development and organizes resources to promote stable and productive relationships between the university and local community. In addition, the individual in this role provides logistical support to the Outreach Program Managers for offerings. The coordinator strives to expand and ensure access to programs, facilities, and educational services to diverse audiences. Seeking a team member with a commitment to promoting the development of an equitable and inclusive environment. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Professional Education Programs and Services.
ABOUT THE JOB: Outreach Program Coordinator
- Associate degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with implementing and coordinating logistics for programs and/or conferences
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive internal and external partnerships
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Understanding the role of professional education in a higher education setting
- Experience with following policies and procedures in program implementation
- Experience identifying opportunities for continuous quality improvement
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in establishing a work environment that embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion
Provide logistical support to the Outreach Program Managers for offerings
- Support for presenters may include
- The collection of information on session details, title, description, bio, photo
- Fulfilling handout materials requests from presenters and providing these to participants
- Arranging for required audio visual equipment
- Assisting presenters with travel plans
- Requesting and tracking presenter payment processing
- Generating and disseminating appropriate thank you letters
- Provide evaluation summary to presenters, as appropriate
- Select and order participant and presenter premium materials
- Assist with the definition, design, and development of marketing communications for program web pages, email notices, and printed marketing pieces
- Monitor social media
- Evaluate and recommend venues
- Research and make purchasing, catering and work request decisions based on input from the program manager
- Facilitate programs and events on-site
- Respond to presenter and customer special needs
- Create templates for appropriate signage
- Secure and organize volunteers
- Decide on set-up needs for programs and events
- Design content for program evaluation forms
- Compile program final report documents
- Enter changes for web page maintenance
- Support for presenters may include
Professional Education Programs and Services is a department of the Enrollment and Strategic Initiatives division and supports the mission of the University of Wisconsin-Stout by providing adult learners with access to university education and resources for the enrichment of their lives, both personally and professionally. Programs and services include:
- Certificate programs and non-credit courses, many offering optional college credit
- Conferences and workshops covering a variety of topical areas
- Customized business training and educational programs
- Program and event planning services¿
UW-Stout’s Professional Education Programs and Services department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders, and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter*
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by January 31, 2022. Applications submitted after January 31st may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Rebecca Thacker
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Julie Zack
Job Family: Support