PeopleSoft Tools Administrator *Revised
*Revised 10/11/2019: This position has direct responsibility for the infrastructure supporting the Student Information System (SIS) – PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. Performs application administration for the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions environment with additional responsibilities in project management, application development and database administration. Must be able to work in a team environment, managing multiple tasks, accept responsibility for mission critical systems, meet deadlines and be able to respond to ever changing business needs and technology to meet the general goals of the University. To start December 2019.
Minimum / Required
- Experience with configuring and administering enterprise application software such as PeopleSoft.
- Ability to diagnose and solve highly complex problems with application and database management system infrastructure.
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle PeopleSoft Integration Broker, Application Server, Process Scheduler, Web Server, and file structures such as PS_HOME.
- Experience with PeopleSoft DPK's and PUM technology.
- Experience leading large projects in an enterprise technology environment with emphasis on communication to customers and team members.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Shows strong interpersonal skills with a proven record of effective collaborative relationships.
- Perform monitoring, troubleshooting and repair activities within the ERP systems.
- Plan and execute the installation, test, and move-to-production of new releases and upgrades of ERP systems. Work with users and owners of applications to minimize disruption caused by the installations.
- Review and apply patches, fixes, etc. within the Enterprise Application Infrastructure.
- Study new releases and upgrades of vendor supplied enterprise application systems. Document their applicability for, and impact on, the University's systems.
- Perform capacity and availability planning adjusting for operational cadence, customer schedules, and resources.
- Using the security request system, provision new user accounts, as well as maintain security for existing user profiles. Maintain roles, permission lists and all other aspects of the PeopleSoft security model.
- Communicate with application owners, SIS team members, application functional teams, infrastructure teams and other resources as required.
- Must be able to multi-task, handle workload and delegate when necessary.
Enterprise System Technical Support
- Configure, deploy and administer the file, application, and web servers of ERP system technology environments.
- Identify and diagnose existing problems with the technology infrastructure for enterprise application systems and take the appropriate corrective action. If necessary, report problems to the vendor or other teams and work with them to achieve resolution.
- Partner with DB team to design, implement, and execute database backup and recovery procedures to ensure that data can be restored.
- Perform sophisticated debugging, problem analysis, and problem resolution of database management systems.
- Perform sophisticated performance measurement and tuning recommendations of database management systems.
Enterprise System Project Management
- Provide technical documentation in the form of Visio diagrams, Wiki's, PDFs, Word docs, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc. related to the support and maintenance of the ERPs.
- Recommend policies and standards to ensure database and application security and integrity.
- Recommend the selection, acquisition, and deployment of specific technology, (e.g., database management systems, database monitoring and tuning tools, database gateways, application servers) for the technology infrastructure for enterprise systems.
- Independently manage projects related to the technology infrastructure for enterprise systems.
- Provide periodic project status reports to customers, suppliers, and management.
- Provide short- and long-range planning feedback for topics related to the technology infrastructure for enterprise systems.
- Through classes, conferences, and reading, keep abreast of hardware and software advances in the industry, and of
- Participate in user groups, working groups, and information exchanges to share and expand knowledge of computing tools and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Learning and Information Technology (LIT) is a support organization dedicated to providing efficient and effective state-of-the-art learning and information technology solutions and services to students, faculty, and staff for instruction, administration, and public service in support of the University's mission.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and will maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application. Note: Once you have attached the following materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names, phone AND email information for a minimum of three (3) professional references.
(Official transcripts will be required at time of hire.)
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by midnight CST on Sunday, October 27. Screening of applications may continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Jeff Ohvall Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Gretchen Metzler Email: email@example.com
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Job Family: Staff