The Procurement Specialist position is a full-time professional academic staff position, which acts as the liaison between the University of Wisconsin-Stout, the Department of Administration, the University of Wisconsin System, and vendor community. This position reports to the Director of Purchasing & Materials Management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Purchase Order coordination and processing; managing databases, preparation of UW-Stout Requests for Bid and Requests for Proposal, simplified bids, fund approval, coding and data entry. This position works independently of supervision. Anticipated start date is January 2019. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications; minimum annual starting salary of $45,000.
Minimum / Required
- Ability to positively represent the Purchasing department in support of campus procurement requirements needed to maintain campus functions
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students, as well as, work collaboratively with diverse groups, at all levels and departments
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize, and perform time sensitive and confidential tasks
- Ability to use sound professional judgement in order to facilitate the completion of purchasing requests
- Ability to learn and perform all essential duties accurately by demonstrating attention to detail in all tasks while utilizing the concepts related to the State of Wisconsin Procurement process.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
- Previous purchasing or procurement experience, particularly in higher education or the state of Wisconsin
- Previous customer service experience
- 4-year degree in a business-related field
- Experience using ImageNow
- Examine, prepare, authorize, and release all University purchase order requisitions.
- Coordinate blanket orders, maintenance agreements, and cell phone programs as required by the University and State procurement system.
- Manage capital inventory and annual reporting and auditing related to capital inventory.
- Act as the program administrator/coordinator for the Purchasing Card (P-card).
- Research, evaluate, and authorize vendor services based on best fit for the University.
- Provide reports and other statistical information as required.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as requested.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and a successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by 12/16/2018. Applications may continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Merri King
- Email: email@example.com
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Jacob Fox
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Family: Staff
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900