Real Estate Property Management Ambassador
The School of Hospitality Leadership is seeking a part-time person to recruit students for the Real Estate Property Management (REPM) program. This is one academic year renewable position to increase enrollment in this 10-year-old program and to test the viability of program recruiting. This position is funded by the Stout University Foundation from a grant for this purpose.
Minimum / Required
- College degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- Strong ability to communicate courteously and professionally with prospective students, their families, and advisors
- Strong organizational skills, including record-keeping and follow-through
- Willingness to travel
- Highly motivated individual with the strong desire to advance and build enrollment in the REPM program, School of Hospitality Leadership (SHL)
- Ability to work, collaborate, and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to lead and work in a team environment to achieve identified SHL strategic goals and objectives, aligned with university objectives
- Knowledge and understanding of the REPM program and other programs within SHL
- Review and comply with expectations as outlined in the Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointees Handbook https://liveuwstout.sharepoint.com/sites/2022/Human-Resources/Documents/Unclassified-Handbook.pdf
- Attend department/unit meetings as assigned
- Perform the following duties with the noted expectations.
Strategic Enrollment Planning:
- Works with the college and Marketing Communications Department (MARCOM) on an in-depth review and identification of market areas
- Builds network of partnerships with stakeholders (including technical colleges, etc.) to increase the pipeline of prospective students
- Provides the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences (CEHHHS) stakeholders with recommendations on curricular modifications to increase pipeline of prospective students
- Conducts campus tours for prospective students as referred by Admissions.
- Coordinates a travel recruitment plan, in consultation with University Admissions, the SHL Chair, Weidner Center Director and the CEHHHS Dean designee.
- Recruitment visits includes a minimum number of high schools and technical colleges each semester, attendance at career-related events where possible, and recruitment events identified in consultation with Admissions and the college.
- Coordinates with Weidner Center Director, Admissions, and MARCOM, to assure consistent UW-Stout branding and stakeholder messaging.
- Meets with program advisors to explain the employment opportunities, curriculum, program overview, etc., in coordination with the REPM program director.
- Meets with admissions tour guides to explain the employment opportunities, curriculum, program overview, etc.
- Hosts weekly student engagement events at the Weidner Center or via virtual locations .
- Reports to CEHHHS Dean or Designee, who will consult with the Weidner Center Director and SHL Chair.
The UW-Stout’s School of Hospitality Leadership gives students an expansive educational experience that prepares them for leadership and management opportunities in the fast-paced and cutting-edge world of hospitality, golf and real estate industries. Our programs offer active learning in a variety of settings through real-world situations in classrooms and laboratories and on-site at leading companies located throughout the United States.
The B.S. Real Estate Property Management degree program is the largest of its kind in the country and is the recipient of significant industry support. The program is completing its 9th year, after a history of 25 successful years as a minor. Students are provided a world-class education focused on ethics, sustainability, diversity, leadership and service. The program provides a REPM lab and its accompanying REPM study lounge (https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/news-center/study-lounge-weidner-center-open-students. They are both state-of-the-art facilities that combine an active learning environment with a quiet and comfortable area for study, research and community Graduates of the program are highly sought after and have a 100 percent employment rate.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 49 undergraduate and over 20 distinctive, highly-regarded advanced degree programs. Average student enrollment is 9,000.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
One academic year 50% position with review for renewal aligned with university protocols, in consultation with the CEHHHS Dean, Weidner Center Director and Stout University Foundation.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.1279.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by Thursday, December 10, 2020. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
- Search Chair: Fred Prassas
- Email: Prassasf@uwstout.edu
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
- Search Coordinator: Janell Reitz
- Email: Reitzj@uwstout.edu
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
Job Family: Staff