APPOINTMENT PERCENTAGE (FTE): 1.0 / 100%
ANTICIPATED START DATE: May 21, 2018
This position provides work incentives benefit services and employment services to consumers. This position has primary responsibility for meeting with consumers and referral sources to explain the effect that working will have on an individual’s benefits. This position also administers various assessment tools.
Work Incentives Benefits Counseling Provider (90%)
• Provide benefit analysis services for referrals from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) within SVRI.
• Answer questions of referral sources to assure appropriate services are identified and planned for the consumer.
• Serve as SVRI liaison with outside agencies to maintain existing partnerships and create new service opportunities.
• Meet monthly tracking and billing requirements.
• Work closely with the SVRI Employment & Assessment team and Director of Services to ensure timely and high quality service provision.
Employment Services Provider (5%)
• Implement various assessment tools and strategies with consumers.
• Work with other evaluation staff to develop new assessment procedures, alternate methods of communicating results and other program developments.
• Coordinate integrated services with support of the Director of Services.
• Plan and administer assessment tools, facilitate consumer team meetings and write reports.
• Assist in marketing contemporary services to existing and new customers.
• Explore creative integration of financial empowerment service provision into SVRI service delivery.
• Actively communicate & discuss needs to SVRI Director of Services.
Marginal Functions (5%)
• Conduct tours of SVRI- facilities for potential customers and other interested parties.
• Participate in state, regional, and national activities/associations relating to Benefit Specialists.
• Maintain current knowledge in the field.
• Maintain professional credentials, including certification.
• Engage in professional development and related activities to ensure SVRI services are consistent with contemporary practice and market needs.
• Serve on various SVRI, CEHHHS, UW-Stout, and external stakeholder committees.
• Available for frequent local and regional travel, including some overnights.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Promote a culture of respect and civility.
• Model civil communication and interaction.
• Support a culture of collegiality and citizenship.
• Model professional standards of behavior with students and colleagues.
• Provide in-service training and short presentations to professionals and classes.
• Master’s Degree required in rehabilitation, or in a related field.
• Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
• Trained in work incentives benefits counseling from a recognized training provider.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience providing direct service in work incentives benefits counseling with individuals with disabilities.
• Ability to communicate, relate and establish rapport with professionals and customers in verbal and written formats.
• Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal benefits programs.
• Training in or experience with financial coaching.
• Experience or specialization in vocational evaluation.
• Familiar with DVR.
• Training in or experience with marketing services.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All undergraduate students participating in traditional, on campus-based programs are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm. Facts and data about the university: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/facts.cfm.
The normal work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement Plan.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Final candidate must successfully pass a full background check before an offer of employment can be made.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
Screening of applications will begin 4/30/2018 and may continue until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on 4/29/2018.
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- A sample report
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three professional work references
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our online application system are available via:
If you have application questions, contact:
For job specific questions please contact Becky Albricht firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Family: Academic Staff