DEPARTMENT: Learning and Information Technology (LIT)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Mid-May 2021
This vacancy is for an experienced Salesforce expert who looks for new ways to solve problems, meet challenges and improve software capability and functionality; a person who will architect, design and build solutions to meet evolving requirements and improve Salesforce based applications/systems. This individual will work as part of a supportive and fast-paced team in order to contribute to the development of the university CRM.
UW-Stout is unable to provide green card or H1B sponsorship for these position. The position we are currently seeking requires successful applicants to be responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / IT or related field of study; or at least 4 years experience working with data and/or data applications
- 2 years experience developing solutions within Salesforce
- 2 years experience gathering and documenting functional and technical requirements leading development efforts, system testing, and documentation activities
- Working knowledge and experience using project management principles
- Previous experience as a Salesforce Project Lead, Solution Architect, or Lead Business Analyst
- One or more of the following certifications or equivalent:
- Salesforce Certified Application and/or System Architect; Advanced Administrator; Platform Developer; and/or Sales Cloud Consultant
- Work experience with:
- System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodology concepts and practices such as waterfall and Agile
- Connected app architecture
- Backup and recovery tools
- User provisioning and permission set configuration/usage
- Web services development and consumption, including REST, SOAP, SOA, HTML
- Utilizing one or more of the following: Oracle, SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Architecting and designing full stack solutions using one or more of the following: Lightning, Visualforce, Apex, Visualforce, JQuery, CSS, XML, JSON SOQL, Multi-tier architectures, Sales Cloud, SFDC, Pardot, etc.
- Code repository and release management tools such as Flosum, Gearset, Copado.
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Salesforce administration
- Education Data Architecture (EDA) and Higher Ed enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft
- Reporting, dashboards, and Data modeling principles
- Environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Configuration, customization, and integration (e.g., third party products, Informatica, Ethos)
- Ability to:
- Effectively communicate technical vision and outcomes to management, stakeholders, and executive levels in the organization
- Communicate with excellent verbal and written skills
- Work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Technical Lead
- Works closely with Salesforce admin
- Leads needs assessment, technical architecture, solution development, and project coordination
- Oversees Salesforce program management including governance, project execution, development and coding, status tracking, monitoring of critical issues and risks, maintaining ongoing support and documentation activities
- Conducts solution architecture reviews with project team prior to design and development activities and ensure solutions are scalable and aligned with platform roadmap to meet business requirements
- Produces solution designs and rapidly builds proof-of-concepts and prototypes to evaluate functionality around the Salesforce ecosystem to deliver on key institutional and product objectives
- Participates in the Salesforce project team scrum calls and/or implementation team meetings
- Continuously assess new technologies related to the core CRM platform and related systems
- Provides mentorship, supervision, training/knowledge transfer and support to Salesforce administrators, developers, and analysts as needed
- Assesses current processes, pain points, and future needs of student engagement, then articulates how Salesforce can bridge those gaps
- Establishes the long-term vision for Salesforce utilization, support tooling and systems, and related internal processes
- Effectively collaborates within LIT and with campus business unit leaders to create and drive Salesforce strategy, design, and architecture
- Drive adoption of standards and best practices (including Agile processes) related to Salesforce Platform/Practice where needed
Enterprise Information Systems (EIS), Learning Technology Services (LTS), Client Technology Services (CTS), and Telecommunications and Networking (T&N), make up the Learning and Information Technology Department (LIT). LIT is UW-Stout’s steward of technology in support of education. In particular, EIS provides data and enterprise resource planning services including PeopleSoft Campus Solutions student information system application development, support, and maintenance; data warehouse and reporting development and support; campus website technical support, development, and maintenance; development, support, and maintenance for a variety of web-based applications for the campus; and operation, support, and administration of servers for those applications.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich,¿dynamic,¿and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being¿Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.¿
UW-Stout offers 49 undergraduate and 22 graduate degrees, including three terminal degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students. The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks. Official transcripts required at time of hire; if applicable.
A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office at 715.232.1279.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: http://www.uwstout.edu/police/clery.cfm
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by Sunday, April 4, 2021. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Christopher Moos
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Gretchen Metzler
Before starting the online application process we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
Job Family: Staff