Program Support (90%)
- Conduct telephone calls to schedule intake appointments and obtain required information.
- Identify missing and sort existing medical records and other documentation prior to assignment to case facilitators.
- Perform filing duties, which may include printing documents and creating labels.
- Prepare file folders, make photocopies, and fax releases and documentation.
- Provide 1:1 assistance with monitoring and managing system alerts and messages and troubleshooting technology issues, as deemed necessary to ensure timely processing
- Handle confidential material and information.
- Assist with preparing reports as determined necessary.
Business Functions (10%)
- Learn EOS unit service area and the day-to-day activities and routines.
- Assist outside professionals, consumers, guests, and students in a professional manner.
- Complete special projects and tasks as assigned by the Program Manager or designee.
- Operate photocopier, multi-line telephone system, fax, scanner, and computer to perform required tasks.
- Work within Salesforce, our CRM.
- Promote a culture of respect and civility.
- Model civil communication and interaction.
- Support a culture of collegiality and citizenship.
- Model professional standards of behavior with students and colleagues.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Access and Excel.
- Possess effective customer service skills. Ability to relate with consumers and professionals in verbal and written formats.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and accept direction from multiple people.
- Post-secondary training
- Demonstrated skills in multi-tasking, independent decision-making and initiative.
- Knowledge of or experience with individuals with disabilities.
This position provides direct support to the Eligibility and Order of Selection unit within Stout Vocational Rehabilitation Institute (SVRI). This position has primary responsibility for calling consumers to schedule intake appointments & ensure all necessary information has been requested and received. In addition to working within the Scheduling team, this position works closely with SVRI administrative support positions, other University department staff, and external professionals to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the unit.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All students are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm.
Facts and data about the university: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/facts.cfm.
The normal work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The minimum starting salary is $13.19 per hour. The hourly rate for this position is negotiable based on experience and available budget. A six-month probation is required. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement Plan. Benefit details can be found at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/Univ-staff.pdf.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and authorization to work within the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit:
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
Screening of applications will begin 3/12/2018 and may continue until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on 3/11/2018.
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three professional work references
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our online application system are available via:
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Job Family: Staff