Student Processing Specialist
Student Processing Specialist
Seeking an individual passionate about college student success and career readiness. In this position, you will directly support UW-Stout’s polytechnic mission as you support students before, during and after their credit bearing work experience within the Cooperative Education and Internship Program (CEIP). Daily, you will support perspective and current students, faculty/staff and partnering employers from start to finish (enrollment through completion) of the Cooperative Education and Internship Program by providing up to date information on program logistics, conduct detailed case management duties, maintain up-to-date student records, process student enrollment, track student progress and provide coordination of services including registration, admissions, financial aid, international education and technology services in addition to providing additional administrative support to the Cooperative Education Program and/or Career Services office while striving to create a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
- Provide direction to students and prospective students on the Cooperative Education and Internship enrollment processes and procedures
- Tracks current student progress within the Cooperative Education and Internship Program through electronic case management, accurate record keeping, collecting necessary information, answering questions, and tracking documentation.
- Apply knowledge of the Cooperative Education and Internship Program’s procedures and policies to provide administrative support and assistance to students, employers, faculty, and staff while escalating more complex decisions to other personnel
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is a Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (year-round position). Some remote work/telecommuting may be possible (max 2 days per week) after completion of a significant training period, successful on-the-job performance, departmental needs assessment and approval.
Title of Position: Student Processing Specialist
Minimum / Required
- Interest in advancing student learning in area of career readiness
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience managing online records
- History of strong customer service skills with diverse populations
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software (word, excel, outlook) and internet
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment on collaborative efforts
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage completing tasks
- Demonstrated success working with diverse stakeholders
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience working in an office setting
- Familiar with on-line case management systems
- Pervious work experience with college students, faculty/staff, and employers
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Demonstrated experience in establishing a climate (work environment) that embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor of Science Degree related to Education, Human Services, Psychology, Communications, Business, and other related fields.
UW-Stout’s Career Services Office’s mission is to educate, engage and empower students and alumni in navigating career and professional development through employer and faculty/staff partnerships.
Our vision is to continue to be a leader in:
- Providing centralized career resources, programs, services, and technologies
- Integrating applied and experiential learning
- Providing data to support informed career decisions
- Remaining adaptive and flexible in changing career needs for all stakeholders
- Building and nurturing strategic relationships to enhance opportunities for students
- Ultimately ensuring students successful transition from college to career
We value: Inclusion and diversity, collaborative partnerships, technology, professional and ethical practices, applied learning, and customer service
UW-Stout’s Career Services Department is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders, and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
The hourly rate for this position is based on experience and available budget. A six-month probationary period is required. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/univstaff21.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter*
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by 11/28/2021. Applications submitted after 11/28/2021 may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Bethany Henthorn
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Nora Winkler
Job Family: Staff