Student Success Librarian
The University Library, at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, is currently accepting applications for a Student Success Librarian. This librarian position serves as head of the library’s reference and research help services including scheduling, assessment, and making recommendations for continuous improvement in alignment with the library’s strategic goals. This position is a key member of the library instruction team, primarily focusing on serving the University’s undergraduate student population, and conducting the majority of information literacy instruction for undergraduate classes. This position works cooperatively with library and campus units to develop and implement services in alignment with undergraduate student learning and student success, including assisting with campus marketing and outreach for the library. This is a full-time, annual 1.0 FTE position. This position reports to the University Library Director.
New graduates and candidates with a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE JOB: UW Title of Position Librarian II - Research, Learning and User Support
SALARY: $47,000-$50,000, based on qualifications, experience and available budget
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in delivering instruction or training
- Knowledge and experience in collaborative technologies and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or related field, OR Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years of work experience in libraries, archives, education, or related institutions
- Experience providing information literacy instruction and reference services in a library setting
- Experience with marketing or social media in a professional setting
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with diverse user groups including other employees, students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and tasks
- Provide leadership for library Reference and Research Services, planning, coordinating, and evaluating services.
- Participate in rotation for staffing the library’s chat, email, and consultation reference services.
- Active role in library instruction team to develop, implement, and assess the library’s support for campus activities.
- Responsible for delivering on campus and remote information literacy and library instruction services to undergraduates in a variety of disciplines.
- Contributes to library public relations team and assists with social media marketing.
The mission of the University Library at UW-Stout is to cultivate critical thinking and applied learning to enhance the success of our students, faculty, and staff in an evolving information environment.
We aim to advance the spirit of exploration and innovation. As the inclusive heart of campus, we aspire to be an essential partner in every person's path to success.
The University Library values:
- Collaboration with diverse campus, regional and global communities
- Agility and innovation in our support of current and future needs
- Respect and Care as the Guiding Principles of our service to others
- Professional excellence in all we do
- Empowering students, faculty and staff
UW-Stout’s University Library is committed to creating an inclusive campus community. Candidates who have experience working collaboratively with diverse individuals and/or groups and who can contribute to fostering an inclusive environment are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
University Library Strategic Plan: https://library.uwstout.edu/strategicPlan
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. UW-Stout is committed to developing an inclusive community that fosters a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grow, celebrating the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences.
A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the University of Wisconsin System--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences, and an integrated liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 47 undergraduate and 23 graduate degrees, including 21 masters and 2 advanced degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
UW-Stout is committed to investing in and ensuring access to equitable, diverse, and inclusive learning, student living, and work environments that reflect our regional and global connections.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts; official transcripts required at time of hire
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by June 27, 2022 at midnight. Applications submitted after June 27, 2022 may be reviewed until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Susan Lindahl
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Dawn Pamperin
Job Family: Supervisory