This position creates and maintains the institution's technical infrastructure by performing systems engineering work that is complex, project-related, and non-routine, with the ability to solve complex problems and devise work approaches to the work being performed to ensure the long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are met under limited supervision.
- Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Microsoft server administration experience in a physical or virtual environment
- Ability to work with diverse clients to understand needs and provide solutions and expertise
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
Ideally, candidates will demonstrate experience or potential in:
- administering Office 365 and Azure Services
- working with Identity and Access Management Systems such as OKTA and Entra ID
- administering backend services such as DHCP, DNS and IPAM
- working with enterprise firewall systems
- troubleshooting wired and wireless networking problems
- using network security tools such as intrusion detection systems and network access control systems
- with scripting or similar technologies for automating repetitive tasks
- creating technical diagrams such as network topology diagrams
- Identifies, troubleshoots, researches, and resolves issues on complex and non-routine systems, platforms, networks, and applications to ensure system security, confidentiality compatibility, and functionality according to policies, procedures, and regulations
- Designs, installs, configures tests, and maintains complex and non-routine automation, hardware, and associated equipment according to customer specifications to meet unit objectives
- Plans and coordinates system logistics, workflows, upgrades, and system security and affiliated procedures
- Documents and disseminates deployed systems, system upgrades, or changes to the appropriate entities according to established policies and procedures
- Installs firewalls, host and client access mechanisms, permissions, and user accounts.
LIT is UW-Stout's steward of technology in support of education. We are committed to providing and maintaining secure, high-quality, reliable, and flexible solutions in alignment with UW-Stout's mission and vision.
The Infrastructure Services (IS) department serves UW-Stout's academic community by providing desktop management of campus computers and computer labs, network file storage, email, management and deployment of campus and lab-specific desktop software, server management services for departments, and authentication services. In addition, T&N provides the campus voice and data network.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout, Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University, offers an unmatched career-focused education that combines applied learning, theory and research with real-world experience that prepares tomorrow's leaders to drive the future of business and industry. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we are proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only full four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 45+ undergraduate degrees, 20+ graduate degrees and 30+ professional certificates in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 7,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin's Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguidefasl.pdf
- Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor(s) questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
1. Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications above.
3. Names and contact information (phone and email) for a minimum of three (3) professional references.
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by end-of-day, Monday, January 15, 2024.
Applications received after this date may be reviewed until position is filled.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Tom Janicki
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Gretchen Metzler
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
Job Family: Staff