JOB TITLE: University Services Program Associate
DEPARTMENT: Office of International Education
APPOINTMENT PERCENTAGE (FTE): Temporary Position
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October 1, 2018
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
- ¿Program Support for Study Abroad/International Student Services (70%)
- Receive and process study abroad program and application information using Terra Dotta software.
- Communicate with international partner institutions and update exchange and direct enroll program information.
- Process inbound and outbound exchange and direct enroll applications, including but not limited to course registration, health insurance, student billing, housing and meal plan enrollment.
- Assist with general study abroad advising through information sessions, website tutorials and individual meetings.
- Assist with study abroad and international student orientation and other programmatic events as needed.
- Front Desk Support (20%)
Perform functions such as:
- Greeting, assisting and/or directing students, visitors and the public with excellent customer service.
- Answering in-person, phone, and email inquiries whenever possible. Re-direct inquiries as appropriate and take adequate messages when required.
- Processing routine OIE service requests, such as invitation letters, collection of application materials, scanning and uploading documents, scheduling express courier service, receiving and sorting mail, etc.
- Monitoring visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Controlling inventory relevant to reception area.
- Tidying and maintaining cleanliness of the reception area.
- Scheduling Outlook meetings for OIE staff, and securing meeting locations for conferences, staff meetings and group appointments.
- Review current front desk processes and procedures, suggest changes, and devise implementation plan.
- Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
Associates degree or equivalent. Demonstrated skills and experience in one or more of the following areas: administrative procedures, business administration, knowledge in the field of international education, Microsoft Suite, organization, communication, attention to detail and takes initiative on projects and problem-solving.
Advanced degree in relevant field; experience with Terra Dotta Software; previous experience working in an international office; overseas education abroad experience.
The Office of International Education (OIE) facilitates internationalization efforts on and off campus to prepare students for the global workforce and society. The University Services Program Associate position supports the mission of the OIE by providing administrative and technical support for complex functions. This person must be detail oriented, organized and skilled in written, electronic and verbal communication. This is a temporary, full-time position and reports directly to the Director of OIE.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All students are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm.
Facts and data about the university: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/facts.cfm.
The normal work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m. or depending on the needs of the department and available hours.
The hourly rate for this position is negotiable based on experience and available budget.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and authorization to work within the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit:
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
Screening of applications will begin 9/17/2018 and may continue until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on 9/16/2018.
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three professional work references
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our online application system are available via:
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Job Family: Staff