JOB TITLE: University Services Program Associate
DEPARTMENT: School of Art & Design
APPOINTMENT PERCENTAGE (FTE): 100 %
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 1, 2019
- Process necessary data, documents and correspondence and maintain office files as needed
- Using university software systems, obtain and organize student record data & information
- Create, maintain and update student advisement records
- Coordinate and facilitate change of major process
- Work with other units on campus regarding students’ admission status, transfer equivalencies, program degree accuracy, orientation and campus tours
- Provide and maintain student records for art and art history minors
- Supervise student assistants
- Provide administrative assistance to Program Directors and School Director, and keep electronic calendars and schedule appointments as necessary
- Assist with coordination, scheduling and preparation of Program Advisory Committees.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, spreadsheets, database, email) and the internet.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude in working in a diverse community.
- Excellent judgment including sensitivity to personal and confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Excellent working habits, such as attendance, punctuality, attention to detail, thoroughness and resourcefulness.
- Work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts.
- Ability and desire to work with students, faculty, program directors and administrators.
- 3 years or more of demonstrated office experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft, WISDM, Hyperion, AccessStout, and other related software to query and provide data for program directors
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must have the mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, hearing and speech converse in person and over the telephone and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 48 undergraduate and 26 graduate degrees, including two terminal degrees. Student enrollment is just over 9,500.
UW-Stout faculty enjoy opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and faculty are encouraged to maintain strong ties and seek collaborative projects within their disciplines and industries.
All students are issued laptops. Faculty use the university’s online course delivery system and must be available for online interactions and/or alternate time frames for teaching. Faculty members teach, advise students, conduct research, assess student learning and engage in service activities.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, is a town of 16,000 located in the beautiful Chippewa River Valley, 25 miles west of Eau Claire and 60 miles east of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
More information about the UW-Stout community and region: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm.
Facts and data about the university: http://www.uwstout.edu/about/facts.cfm.
The normal work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m. or depending on the needs of the department and available hours.
The hourly rate for this position is negotiable based on experience and available budget. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement Plan. Benefit details can be found at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/Univ-staff.pdf.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check and authorization to work within the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit:
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
Screening of applications will begin 10/17/2018 and may continue until the position is filled.
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three professional work references
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our online application system are available via:
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Mary Jo Pittman
Job Family: Staff